The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. And I bet it won’t be where you expect. It’s never surprising in a title run-in for teams to have odd results; Arsenal could go to Anfield and win 0-3 but lose to Forest.

But I think we’ll drop points n’all.
I personally think arsenal will win it, but yea we will both drop a few points here and there.

View attachment 71882

There will be more twists for sure but we've dug ourselves a hole with our defensive mistakes.. like at Forest.

Need to perfect down the stretch!

If we drop points anywhere, its done and dusted!
Think the league went a few games ago…..too many dropped points on games we would have been expecting to win! Spurs away was the final nail in the coffin…..! FA Cup this season only, is were lucky!

If you're going to do that I'd at least hang on until Arsenal draw another game, as the bookies are itching to make us favourites.

The fact they've got us as joint favourites whilst 5 points behind says it all
Suspect the odds will have worked against me due to Arsenal easy win

View attachment 71882

There will be more twists for sure but we've dug ourselves a hole with our defensive mistakes.. like at Forest.

Need to perfect down the stretch!

If we drop points anywhere, its done and dusted!

What is interesting about that table is that if we matched our points tally after 27 games in all of our title winning seasons since 2018, we would still be behind Arsenal in 2 of those wins after 27 games and level in the other (21/22).

Arsenal currently being on 66 points is quite the achievement, even if I do think the level of the league has dropped this season, or at least been more inconsistent.

We have done rather quite well considering how inconsistent we have been this season.

It's mad how we're still in it after 27 games having not won more than 3 games in a row all season! Hopefully we absolutely destroy Liverpool to finally go 1 better and then keep on going.

Frustratingly, if it wasn't for Arsenal, we'd have pissed the league this season.

More frustrating is the dropped points against Brentford, Everton, Villa, Forest and Spurs, where we didn't turn up or missed numerous chances to score. 12 points tossed away.
Yep and that is what we ultimately cost us.

Hopefully Arsenal stay in the Europa League.

Going to be another nervous end to a mad season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.