The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but also think any game could be the key one - they lose at Everton, we draw at Forest, they almost screw up v Bournemouth, that last day Brentford away worries me!!!
If we need to win at Brentford I’d back us to do it. Have these last 5 or 6 years not proved anything to you regarding our ability to win titles?

I’m wondering if Palace can take a point of them and nick a draw, in the past Palace have caused them problems.

If we need to win at Brentford I’d back us to do it. Have these last 5 or 6 years not proved anything to you regarding our ability to win titles?
It’s actually incredible the lack of faith that this amazing, mentally tough group of players, under Pep, the greatest manager in club football, gets from some quarters in our support. We might fall short this season, but as things stand they deserve the benefit of the doubt that we’ll keep Arsenal honest at the very least.

I do have faith we can do it but it's going to be incredibly difficult. Every time I half expect them to drop points like yesterday, they come through it. The Villa and Bournemouth games were sickeners.

People are saying there's 11 games to go and they'll go through a patch of dropping points but that's been said at each stage of the season. When we were only half way through it was "there's half the season left yet, they'll mess up". I keep thinking they'll buckle under the pressure but fairplay to them, they've come through it so far.

Even though we haven't been at our best this season I wouldn't be surprised if something clicks and we win every game from now until the end. I'll always believe in this City team.

I've just posted this in the Arsenal thread. It's not that I don't have faith in us going on a decent run of wins, but moreso - barring Arsenal going on a shit run between now and when we play them - that we're going to be playing even more catch-up than now due to rearranged fixtures:

Sounds like they made light work of Fulham yesterday. I think it's going to be a really tough ask for us now. Don't get me wrong, a 5 point gap when we still have to play them at home isn't insurmountable by any means but even if we match them point for point until that game, we could well be 11 points behind them come kick-off due to our involvement in the FA Cup. We're already playing one less game than them before the Arsenal fixture as a result of the West Ham home game being postponed and if we get past Burnley at the weekend it'll be 2 less as Brighton away will need to be rearranged too. I'd sooner have points in the bag than games in hand as the very real prospect of us being 11 points behind with 2 games in hand will give them added confidence. In those circumstances, they won't need to take too many risks against us and a draw will be a great result for them.

It’s actually incredible the lack of faith that this amazing, mentally tough group of players, under Pep, the greatest manager in club football, gets from some quarters in our support. We might fall short this season, but as things stand they deserve the benefit of the doubt that we’ll keep Arsenal honest at the very least.
Agree Pep has veen immense dragging us through season after season

I've just posted this in the Arsenal thread. It's not that I don't have faith in us going on a decent run of wins, but moreso - barring Arsenal going on a shit run between now and when we play them - that we're going to be playing even more catch-up than now due to rearranged fixtures:

Sounds like they made light work of Fulham yesterday. I think it's going to be a really tough ask for us now. Don't get me wrong, a 5 point gap when we still have to play them at home isn't insurmountable by any means but even if we match them point for point until that game, we could well be 11 points behind them come kick-off due to our involvement in the FA Cup. We're already playing one less game than them before the Arsenal fixture as a result of the West Ham home game being postponed and if we get past Burnley at the weekend it'll be 2 less as Brighton away will need to be rearranged too. I'd sooner have points in the bag than games in hand as the very real prospect of us being 11 points behind with 2 games in hand will give them added confidence. In those circumstances, they won't need to take too many risks against us and a draw will be a great result for them.

They were brilliant yesterday I have to say. Really quick, incisive passing and Fulham just didn't know what to do. They defended really badly but Arsenal just put continued pressure on them.

I don't get carried away over one performance though. It doesn't mean they'll play as well in the next game. The pressure will only really rise when the prize is in sight and that's with 5 games to go in my opinion. And then we'll see what they're made of. I've been impressed with us recently. The fight is back, the desire to win it is back and the team all celebrated the win against Palace like a group of lads that wants to win the title. Hopefully we do now go on that run and win the remaining games to retain the title. All we can do is keep winning and keep putting the pressure on them.

Regardless of who plays when, if we beat them at home it's 2pts between us. Maybe they'll get complacent when the pressure is off? We will find out over the coming weeks. For me the final two months will be the test for Arsenal. They bottled the top 4 last season and considering it was Spurs that pipped them, that's quite a bottle job! They've got form for falling apart.

We (as fans) having being doing this for 11 years now. We've seen us drop points where we'd expect to get them, seen us gain points we're not sure how (Leicester at home and Villa last game last season for a start). And we've seen plenty of times the opposition have dropped points when you wouldn't expect it - rags at Everton in 2012, scousers each time.

The pressure builds from this point, plus the expectation on Arsenal. Some teams will be on holiday the last few weeks which can mean playing in a dangerous, care free way, whilst others will spend the next couple of months scrapping for every point.

Plenty of twists and turns to come.

If we do what we can do and Arsenal still win it, well done to them, they deserve it. I'll only be disappointed if we throw more points away with poor performances and allow them to stumble over the line with no pressure

Bang on the money. If you think back to the attitude of the average fan when we were shit it was so much better than it is now, we have some really entitled cunts following us these days. By no means was it perfect back in those days and by no means is it totally shite these days but the change is palpable, the fucking social media age!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.