The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham tried their best to make sure Arsenal don't slip up yesterday. They were awful.

You ignore a number of factors. Winning a Premier League for the first time is difficult for any team, but Arsenal are particularly young. The jelly legs will kick in but that’s not saying they can’t overcome it. Also, there’s the dynamic of what teams they face might be playing for, relegation, Europe etc. Plenty of twists and turns yet.
I agree and as we've been here before, we know how to manage the back end of a season.

I do think that whoever wins the game between us will have the psychological advantage though.

Fulham tried their best to make sure Arsenal don't slip up yesterday. They were awful.
The league is gonna do their best to keep the 5pt lead for us at minimum. They want to bill the CITY VS ARSENAL game as the game of the season. They cant sell it if we run away with it now or are already out of the race.

I still think they may collapse.. I know people are saying they won’t based on recent results but it’s a whole different game when you get to the business end of the season. If we’re still within 5 points with 4 games to go i would still fancy us
They still have Partey and Jesus to come back. Their bench is good quality too with Smith Rowe, Nketiah and Tierney. this is a very talented Arsenal team who fight to the end with a perfectionist at the helm very much like us. I just hope they have a little wobble maybe a draw or two to let us have a chance to capitalize.

Talk of Arsenal capitulating is fanciful, but they don’t need to capitulate. They could lose to us, win nine and draw one of their remaining games and we could win it. We’ve certainly done that before. And any team that gets more than 90 points (as we both would in that scenario) deserves commending. They’ve been brilliant so far and have made the run in interesting.

We can’t win it every year, and if we get 90+ points (which cannot ever be characterised as a bad season) and are pipped by this exciting young Arsenal team then fucking fair play to them. They will have deserved it.

Talk of Arsenal capitulating is fanciful, but they don’t need to capitulate. They could lose to us, win nine and draw one of their remaining games and we could win it. We’ve certainly done that before. And any team that gets more than 90 points (as we both would in that scenario) deserves commending. They’ve been brilliant so far and have made the run in interesting.

We can’t win it every year, and if we get 90+ points (which cannot ever be characterised as a bad season) and are pipped by this exciting young Arsenal team then fucking fair play to them. They will have deserved it.
Now a two horse race I think, and it will go right down to the wire. Plenty of points at stake and I think we’ll do it. If we fail, they will be worthy champions, but I’m fairly confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.