The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're playing like they are desperate to win the league. There's a focus and a determination that is relentless. When they lose the ball there is 5-6 players scampering around trying to win it back. They keep that up they will probably just pip us. The only hope is that the dippers and Newcastle need to win to win to make champs league and will be determined to get something out of the game which is all we need really.
That’s all in your mind. Any professional team or sportsman is absolutely desperate to win trophies. It’s nothing to do with who wants it more because nobody does - it’s to do with who’s the better team.

I think we have a potentially difficult run-in compared to Arsenal. we also have a very difficult route to win either or both of the Champions League and the FA Cup. If we win three trophies we will surely be witnessing our best-ever season, but if we miss out altogether some will be calling for change at the top, accusing us of being complacent and Pep over-thinking. But look at the challenge ahead, we should have enough to beat Sheffield United, but we have some tricky Premier League games ahead and still need Arsenal to draw or lose one more than us and lost to us. If we beat Bayern Munich, we might have RM and then Napoli, the next few weeks could be transformative. Whatever happens, the Daily Fail will still keep banging on about us breaking rules which were only ever there to protect the clubs who thought they were entitled to keep spending and not allowing anyone else to. I would settle for one trophy, preferably the Champions League, but we have to show the kind of form we have shown over the last month every time for the rest of the season
Yup..we’ve not had a lot of luck with draws In the FA cup and the draw in the big one.Even yesterday was a banana skin that we swept easily aside.
As you say from where we are now three trophies would be a fine achievement but the squad is fit and who knows what H is capable of Plus there is a quiet confidence about the boys in the last few games.
I hate that saying one game at a time but lets do Liverpool and see how we feel then.

Very important that we beat Liverpool
Not just very important - it's absolutely essential.
Arsenal v Leeds kicks off at 3:00pm that day and the atmosphere at the Emirates will be ramped beyond belief if we've dropped points. I can't see Leeds getting anything there regardless but if the points lead ends up in double figures by that Saturday night, I'll be thinking that it's asking too much to catch them.

We have to win the remaining 11 games and hope Liverpool beat Arsenal. I honestly think that they will win their other 8 games apart from against us and Pool

Last edited:
It really isn’t about Arsenal at this point in my view. They will drop points in April. The issue is whether we can go undefeated the rest of the way to take advantage. If we win the rest of our games we win the league in my view.

Totally agree.. Arsenal are dropping points.. if we could play like we have this week for the next 8 weeks.. we will be Champions again. Hard ask though.

I actually think we will be afforded a draw provided it isn’t against them. I think they will drop points in a few other games due to pressure and tough away fixtures against teams chasing top 4.

If we beat the scousers, they will in turn throw the arse game.

They will have 10 remaining games, won't give up so early. They have played 26 games and Spurs 28 games. If they rediscover some form, they have chances to make the top 4 even if they lose the next game.

I think being out of all cups, Arsenal have the best chance they are ever going to have now. Can’t knock their resilience. I thought they might crumble after we beat them, but they haven’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.