The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, the Fa Cup and Champions league is the priority given our position. Keep the pressure on Arsenal but we’re still in 3 competitions and they are in one. We can keep the pressure on them but ultimately I think the amount of games will catch up to us. The positive of being against liverpool in the title race was that they normally still had the same amount of games to play as us. I think it’s a huge advantage for arsenal. Never write us off but I can see us falling short.

I think being out of all cups, Arsenal have the best chance they are ever going to have now. Can’t knock their resilience. I thought they might crumble after we beat them, but they haven’t.

Don't underestimate them.. they're a bunch of kids.. they'll be there challenging for a long time under Arteta.

It's a tall order since no one really gives them a hard game. Palace were defending for their lives against us but look today vs them.

And the part that sucks is we did it to ourselves with pathetic displays against Forest, Rags, Spurs and that last game before the break vs Brentford.

Looking at form table:

1679257835738.png

Say they get 22 points again from their remaining 10 games.

We'd have to get 31 points out of 33 (11 games remaining) and a better Goal Difference to win it.

Last edited:
Don't underestimate them.. they're a bunch of kids.. they'll be there challenging for a long time under Arteta.

It's a tall order since no one really gives them a hard game. Palace were defending for their lives against us but look today vs them.

And the part that sucks is we did it to ourselves with pathetic displays against Forest, Rags, Spurs and that last game before the break vs Brentford.
The Brentford one was particarly annoying to me: I thought we were shirking tackles and not at full throttle that day with the World Cup looming.

Thats over 10% of our matches, add Everton to that mix and dippers qell we are where we deserve to be

As it stands, it's in their hands. We need to win our remaining 11 games and hope le arse drop points in another game.

One game at a time starting with the dippers.
We havent won more than 4 in a row all season let alone almost treble that!

We’ll know more after next few weeks
If we beat Liverpool and Arsenal fail to the week after, it’s back on
Depends on what They
As it stands, it's in their hands. We need to win our remaining 11 games and hope le arse drop points in another game.

One game at a time starting with the dippers.
Well out of our hands
It won't be easy. But I, unlike many on here, have faith in the team.

View attachment 72617
We have faith that we will try our hardest, as a fan im all in with that

I cant see any race anymore,but maybe FA CUP against the feckin neighbors,be sweetest if we beat em in the final.....

When it starts getting to the business end of the season and you HAVE to win a game, the pressure can really start to build up. I won't need to remind anyone that United were 8 points ahead of us with something like 5 games left and cracked. And their manager had won a few trophies by that point! All is takes is a last minute goal by the opposition, a daft penalty - whatever - and the pressure gets to people. Some can handle it and you will only find out who once it's being applied.

If Arsenal finish ahead of us, they are worthy winners and fully deserve the title. However, if we beat them and Liverpool they will know that they simply cannot afford to drop a single point. That's some pressure and Pep has been in that race before when we had to win 14(?) to match Liverpool.

I have a feeling that we're finally starting to find a bit of form going into the next 2 months and when we're on form there's no team on earth who can compete with us. Arteta will know that as well as he's seen it all first hand.

I have a feeling that we might end up winning the treble this year almost by accident. I just think we're hitting form and we have 2 players who are the best in the world - Haaland and KdB. These 2 are that good they will win any game on their own.

I've really enjoyed watching Arsenal when I've seen them and I've no doubt Arteta has done a top class job there. Next year will be very interesting as I expect Chelsea and Liverpool to be back challenging for the title as well as United. Will Arsenal be able to match them?

Keep the faith, no other club in this league has the history of STUNNING combacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.