The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mean to sound arrogant but even two goals down, this group of players can come back and take all three points within a matter of minutes. As if we weren’t a scary enough proposition for the teams we face, we’ve recently discovered a new way to win games. The never say die attitude of the players is phenomenal.

I thought the Villa game last year was a one off. Trailing by two goals to Newcastle and Palace, I was stunned. When those games looked dead and gone, we just turned up and managed to get results. This is why I think we’re better than we’ve ever been… we can just turn these games around with ease. After 4 titles in five seasons, you’d think there would naturally be a drop in consistency or in desire. Instead, each squad member is hungrier than ever. How Pep manages to get the best out of these boys week in week out is beyond me.

If we take three points at Anfield this week, that lot may as well shut up shop. I don’t see anyone coming close to us this season.
I think that Villa game permanently changed our squad's mindset. Imagine coming back from 0-2 in the last 15 minutes of a game to win a 38 game, year long, league...Going through that would have strengthened the resolve of our team significantly...Everyone would be thinking if we could do that Villa comeback under that much amount of pressure, then we could do anything.

I think that Villa game permanently changed our squad's mindset. Imagine coming back from 0-2 in the last 15 minutes of a game to win a 38 game, year long, league...Going through that would have strengthened the resolve of our team significantly...Everyone would be thinking if we could do that Villa comeback under that much amount of pressure, then we could do anything.

True. In the PL we've showed nerves of steel. As against that, the Real result may well leave a nagging feeling that we're capable of choking in the CL. At least in the back of the players' minds.

Also. Imagine being into injury time in the last game of the season and having to get two goals in order not to lose the most prestigious title to your direst rivals…

Last edited:

100%.

Now imagine being daft enough to think a 38 game, year long league, was over on the 1st of January.

League fixtures coming up before the World Cup:

City
2nd, 26 points
Arsenal
1st, 28 points
Spurs
3rd, 23 points
Chelsea
5th, 21 points
Newcastle
4th, 21 points
United
6th, 20 points
Liverpool
8th, 16 points
Leicester (A)
29th Oct, 12:30​
Forest (H)
30th Oct, 14:00​
Bournemouth (A)
29th Oct, 15:00​
Brighton (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (H)
30th Oct, 16:15​
Leeds (H)
29th Oct, 19:45​
Fulham (H)
5th Nov, 15:00​
Chelsea (A)
6th Nov, 12:00​
Liverpool (H)
6th Nov, 16:30​
Arsenal (H)
Southampton (A)
6th Nov, 14:00​
Aston Villa (A)
6th Nov, 16:15​
Spurs (A)
Brentford (H)
12th Nov, 12:30​
Wolves (A)
12th Nov, 19:45​
Leeds (H)
12th Nov, 15:00​
Newcastle (A)
12th Nov, 17:30​
Chelsea (H)

Fulham (A)
13th Nov, 16:30​

Southampton (H)

The good news is we remain above Liverpool going into the World Cup no matter what happens before then.

You'd have to fancy us to be top going into the World Cup.

Leicester looks to be more of a tricky game given their form but Arsenal having to go to Chelsea, you'd fancy them to drop points there.

League fixtures coming up before the World Cup:

City
2nd, 26 points
Arsenal
1st, 28 points
Spurs
3rd, 23 points
Chelsea
5th, 21 points
Newcastle
4th, 21 points
United
6th, 20 points
Liverpool
8th, 16 points
Leicester (A)
29th Oct, 12:30​
Forest (H)
30th Oct, 14:00​
Bournemouth (A)
Brighton (A)
Aston Villa (H)
West Ham (H)
30th Oct, 16:15​
Leeds (H)
29th Oct, 19:45​
Fulham (H)
5th Nov, 15:00​
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)
Arsenal (H)
Southampton (A)
6th Nov, 14:00​
Aston Villa (A)
6th Nov, 16:15​
Spurs (A)
Brentford (H)
12th Nov, 12:30​
Wolves (A)
12th Nov, 19:45​
Leeds (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)

Fulham
13th Nov, 16:30​

Southampton (H)

The good news is we remain above Liverpool going into the World Cup no matter what happens before then.

You'd have to fancy us to be top going into the World Cup.

Leicester looks to be more of a tricky game given their form but Arsenal having to go to Chelsea, you'd fancy them to drop points there.
Well the 2nd half of the season is going to be a lot tougher than the 1st half I feel.

Just watched Arsenal get absolutely pumped by PSV after making 4 or 5 changes to their best XI.

They simply don’t have the depth to go on a title run this year, it’s not happening.
Unless they have a Liverpool-style freak season where no one gets injured and all their key players manage 90 minutes across 38 games.

I wonder if the inhalers work the same down in London?

Unless they have a Liverpool-style freak season where no one gets injured and all their key players manage 90 minutes across 38 games.

I wonder if the inhalers work the same down in London?
I think the depths of winter after the World Cup will see them off. We really need to get into the groove then.

Think top 6 is up in the air still! Because it’s still to early in the season, there is going to more losses by all teams at the top maybe 5/6 so even Liverpool for me still has a chance but yep that depends on us! We win the rest of our league games before World Cup will put us in a very good position!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.