The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no milk of human kindness for LFC in my heart, but you know it really is ridiculous that a) they got so very close to our record and ) they had two seasons in which they topped 90 points but were not champions! It's just mad.
They were very unlucky to come to the boil at the same time as the best team in the land and all the world. And I've got that feeling that we've seen their best, now. Hope that doesn't jinx it.
As for us, I'm not even sure that we've seen the best. Haaland and Foden are 22. Say that again, slowly: twenty-two… Scary.

How long before the press start throwing around the invincible tag?

We're 1/4 of the way through the season.

I think if we win on the weekend it might pop up. At that point we'd also have only lost 1 game in our last 38 (spurs)
Yes and we haven’t played those yet and it’s a certainty imo that we’ll lose 1 of the 2.

I agree with some, but not all, of this. Bottle is exactly what the Arse are showing this year, at least to a greater degree than previous seasons, when they melted like snowflakes at the first sign of a setback. Sunday was a case in point. When the dippers levelled, I thought, here we go. When they levelled again, I thought for sure here we go. Not so. Arsenal took the three points. And actually, yes, I think Gabby in particular has played a pretty important role in changing that mindset. He never lacked bottle, that lad.

But talking bottle, what's impressed me more than any other matches this season is the two games in which we went two goals behind — Newcastle and Palace — and still came back to take, respectively, a draw and a win. We've got stones this season (even if Stones is injured much of the time). We always did have, but now we've got it in spades. Haaland, without question, is part of it. That man hates not to score with every fibre of his being. He hates to lose.
The great X factor, I'm afraid, is this bloody competition which falls across the season like a bloody great big tree. I just don't know how players, theirs or ours, are going to come back from it.

Early days with Arsenal. I wouldn't call anything they've done so far bottle. They got some good calls against the dippers and there's nothing at stake yet. Let's see how they do come the business end. I'd imagine they falter again when the real pressure is on. They're a much improved side but still plenty of issues beyond their first 11.

Our mentality has never been questionable. We have been consistently incredible at getting the job done regardless of injuries, bad luck or the scoreline at any particular moment. Haaland feeds into that but ultimately the difference he makes is that we can score from half chances and can fire the ball into the box rather than play keep ball outside it and struggle to break a team down. We've lost one game in a season's worth of fixtures over last season and this one. We've been behind in a number of them too.

I think Arsenal beat Chelsea and United last season in the last 9 games or so but lost three on the bounce to Palace, Southampton and Brighton and then to Spurs and Newcastle. Completely crumbled from 4th looking nailed on.

Early days with Arsenal. I wouldn't call anything they've done so far bottle. They got some good calls against the dippers and there's nothing at stake yet. Let's see how they do come the business end. I'd imagine they falter again when the real pressure is on. They're a much improved side but still plenty of issues beyond their first 11.

Our mentality has never been questionable. We have been consistently incredible at getting the job done regardless of injuries, bad luck or the scoreline at any particular moment. Haaland feeds into that but ultimately the difference he makes is that we can score from half chances and can fire the ball into the box rather than play keep ball outside it and struggle to break a team down. We've lost one game in a season's worth of fixtures over last season and this one. We've been behind in a number of them too.

I think Arsenal beat Chelsea and United last season in the last 9 games or so but lost three on the bounce to Palace, Southampton and Brighton and then to Spurs and Newcastle. Completely crumbled from 4th looking nailed on.
Acid test for Arsenal is how they cope with injuries. They need to keep both Jesus and Martinelli fit.

There's no milk of human kindness for LFC in my heart, but you know it really is ridiculous that a) they got so very close to our record and ) they had two seasons in which they topped 90 points but were not champions! It's just mad.
They were very unlucky to come to the boil at the same time as the best team in the land and all the world. And I've got that feeling that we've seen their best, now. Hope that doesn't jinx it.
As for us, I'm not even sure that we've seen the best. Haaland and Foden are 22. Say that again, slowly: twenty-two… Scary.

Not 17 though is it…

And it kills the lfc fans. We've been a thorn in their side since 2014 . We've totally shit on their party.

I feel their pain. Its lovely tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.