The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool home - average 2.3 points per game

Liverpool away - average 0.86 points per game

They're clearly a different team at home, with their form putting them comfortably in the top 4. Add to that, the hope that they probably owe their fans another decent showing, I'm fairly hopeful they can get something from the game

It's funny that these sorts of statistics would make me feel awful about our chances going to Anfield, but when it's a club we need to drop points I just assume that the Anfield form is an outlier and they're obviously going to regress to the mean.

Funnily enough, not bothered about those. We were shit, we got no more than we deserved. I can accept that.
No, the two games that are still preying on my mind (if we don't win this thing) are the rags away, and that disgusting non-goal that was given by a pure piece of PL chicanery in interpreting the laws — I continue to believe that we were still in a state of utter disbelief and outrage for their second, we shouldn't have been, but we were — and Forest away. Both matches we fully deserved to win. That's five points more than we have now. I shouldn't be harping on what's long gone, but it bothers me.
I'm holding onto the laws of natural justice that seemed to apply in 2018/19 and 2021/22 when scousers got every imaginable referee/VAR largesse yet we till triumphed. As Inter Me Nan would say, God willed it.

Another thing is that recently pep's seemingly installed the mantra into the players that if we lose one game then we're out. Basically, there can be absolutely no room for error on the player's part and everyone gotta be on their top level from here on out. Which is good because it creates that constant sense of jeopardy within the players. Almost like a "the floor is lava" kind of feeling and you cannot take your eyes off the ball.

I have a horrible feeling we’ll drop points against Southampton. They’re a bogey team for us.

Everyone is hoping Liverpool do us a favour but we just need to focus on ourselves.
If we do fuck up against the saints then we have no one else to blame but ourselves. Congratulate Arsenal and move onto next season.

Liverpool are shite, half that team ain't good enough & the better half have given up

Arsenal will beat them 1-3

City, Newcastle & Brighton is where they lose it, not shitty Liverpool imo

There was a game I wanted Liverpool to win this season. The game against United, which would've put them on 3 defeats in the first 3 games. Liverpool lost that and United and ETH were let off. If Chelsea could finish, that would've been Liverpool's 4th defeat in a row.
If Arsenal somehow freeze at Anfield after we've beaten Southampton, there is a chance of a draw, but I'm not going to put much hope on that.

I know Liverpool need points to get into Europe but they are 10 points off 4th with 10 games to go with 4 teams between them and that position. It is not looking good and is increasingly looking worst game by game. By taking points off Arsenal it may lessen the odds of getting there a little but at the end of the day it is helping us a lot more than them. Also, a season out of Europe’s premium competition is good for a rebuild as it allows a manager to clear a bit of deadwood and get back to basics. My point is how much do they really want to win?

Obviously I hope I’m wrong and they beat the gooners but I thought I would add this point to the discussion because no one else seems to be considering it.

I know Liverpool need points to get into Europe but they are 10 points off 4th with 10 games to go with 4 teams between them and that position. It is not looking good and is increasingly looking worst game by game. By taking points off Arsenal it may lessen the odds of getting there a little but at the end of the day it is helping us a lot more than them. Also, a season out of Europe’s premium competition is good for a rebuild as it allows a manager to clear a bit of deadwood and get back to basics. My point is how much do they really want to win?

Obviously I hope I’m wrong and they beat the gooners but I thought I would add this point to the discussion because no one else seems to be considering it.
I will state the obvious but we really must concentrate on our own affairs and let the footballing gods take care of the rest. Arsenal have demonstrated they are capable of challenging for the league and the next few weeks will see if they can drive the last few miles. Sunday is a major test for them regardless of the dippers current form and personally I see real possibilities of all three results. The bottom line is that we must win tomorrow and keep the pot boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.