The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important thing is just to win on Saturday. Don't care how, just win. Had some mixed results down there over the years so we need to turn up, fully focussed and be right up for it. You can usually tell within the first 5 minutes what City will turn up. Need to show the urgency straight away. Just make sure we are 5 points behind on Saturday night.

Southampton will see it as a free hit and look to set pieces. We all know how they'll play. Aggresive, in our face, trying to stop us playing and take their chances when they come. We really need the first goal.

I have no doubt Liverpool will be up for it Sunday. I know they are going through a poor spell, but Anfield will be right up for it, and they are still a force when they want to be with some great players.

I feel goal difference could play a part once again.

Hopefully we show no mercy come saturday tea time & put 8 past the saints
I understand this feeling, but I think the very, very worst thing you can do in a run-in is start wondering how many you'll score rather than worrying about getting a win by any means necessary. I'd be perfectly happy to win every game 1-0 for the rest of the season.

I hope so but that Liverpool team are shocking at the moment.
They were poor against us and no better when they played Chelsea during the week.
Their away form is terrible, their home form is pretty decent. In fact, its such an extreme that they'd be in a title race based on home form (points per home game x 29 = 67 points) and a relegation scrap based on away form (0.87 x 29 = 25).

I understand this feeling, but I think the very, very worst thing you can do in a run-in is start wondering how many you'll score rather than worrying about getting a win by any means necessary. I'd be perfectly happy to win every game 1-0 for the rest of the season.

I equally understand your analysis, and players won't be thinking about it, I believe. Only we on here have the leisure to do that.
I don't think it's only about the final goal difference consideration. The plain fact is that if you've got a 3-0 cushion, or more, round about the sixty-minute mark, you can start sending subs on, and giving your key players valuable rest, while keeping your subs sharp. In a schedule as crowded as ours in the coming month that may well be important. If you're only leading 1-0 managers are notoriously wary of mixing it up, unless obliged to by injury. And Pep's no different there.

Last edited:
Their away form is terrible, their home form is pretty decent. In fact, its such an extreme that they'd be in a title race based on home form (points per home game x 29 = 67 points) and a relegation scrap based on away form (0.87 x 29 = 25).

Honestly, I'm expecting Arsenal to do them. They're just better. However, I'd snatch your hand off for a draw, and Arsenal dropping two points. Unfortunately, Arsenal don't seem to really do draws this year.

I cant stop looking back at the 2 games pre & post -World Cup.

Everton & Brentford

Funnily enough, not bothered about those. We were shit, we got no more than we deserved. I can accept that.
No, the two games that are still preying on my mind (if we don't win this thing) are the rags away, and that disgusting non-goal that was given by a pure piece of PL chicanery in interpreting the laws — I continue to believe that we were still in a state of utter disbelief and outrage for their second, we shouldn't have been, but we were — and Forest away. Both matches we fully deserved to win. That's five points more than we have now. I shouldn't be harping on what's long gone, but it bothers me.

Last edited:
Big couple of weeks we play against the bottom 2 while arsenal have Liverpool away and a London Derby away at West ham. If they come through them 2 games with 6 points it's looking bleak for us even if we win both of our games.
Not sure why, Liverpool arn’t the force they were and west Ham are dire at the moment. Expect them to win both comfortably. Newcastle and Brighton both in form teams are the tough ones for arsenal.

However poor Liverpool are this season, no one tends to go there and have an easy ride of it, and for some reason they seem a different side at home than away.

Like others have said, if Arsenal can beat Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton, and win all 4, then they'll fully have deserved to win the league.

Personally I think they'll have to win every single game, as we look formidable at the moment, and will capitalise on any dropped points.

I still have us down as winning by a point or two

Honestly, I'm expecting Arsenal to do them. They're just better. However, I'd snatch your hand off for a draw, and Arsenal dropping two points. Unfortunately, Arsenal don't seem to really do draws this year.
Oh I'm not expecting anything. But their record there is about as ours. You almost have to factor in a loss there to win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.