The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fine but still a flawed opinion in my view.

The Rags won the league when we beat them in the FAC semi and went on to win the Cup. When we beat them in the semi, we had become the best team in the league the baton had passed to us at that point and has never gone back even though they won one more title.
Nearly not quite once we won the league that was the changing of the guard for me,they knew what was happening big time ..

The best team often wins the league but not always. The team that has the best season always wins the league.
The best team over the season wins it - making them the best side overall in terms of performance. But I know what you mean - we 'have' the best side. Our precision game always takes time to get going at the start of a campaign and the World Cup left us effectively having to restart our game from scratch.

We, we, we - Wright and Scott talking about Arsenal.Hardly credited Liverpool for having the better of the second half
Also BULLSHIT they're "really happy" with a point!? What utter bollocks. It's now in our hands... yeah I'm sure you are happy with that

Assuming we both win our games between now & then, we'll go into the Arsenal game in the slightly odd position of being 9 points behind but with 2 games in hand.

And with (probably) several extra cup games to fit in, that Arsenal don't have.

That feels like quite a difficult position for City, psychologically ?

You have me confused now.

Just another way of saying that a season is not necessarily the best period of time over which to judge which team is truly the best in the league.

Pep’s City have not won the league in two of the completed seasons that he has presided over but I think they have been the best team in the league since the January of his first season, that was too late to win the league that season, and a brief but crucial dip in form at a time when Liverpool had a great run meant they won a title but have been the best team since that January.

If we do not win the league this season but finish within 3 points of Arsenal, we can look at the most egregious refereeing decision I have ever seen as the difference. Arsenal got lucky today and not for the first time this season. City rarely gain points their performance has not merited but shit happens and it can cost you a title, just as it can see you knocked out of cups. Leagues are a much better determinant than cup competitions but they are not perfect.

Assuming we both win our games between now & then, we'll go into the Arsenal game in the slightly odd position of being 9 points behind but with 2 games in hand.

I agree, I think we need something to give before then as well.

Hoping West Ham or Southampton can do something.

6 or 7 points with 2 games in hand seems a lot better.

True but this will give us a huge boost today. Plus we always knew we'd have to be perfect from now until the end of the season so it doesn't change much!

Let's av it blues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.