The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming we will drop points somewhere and it's as much in Arsenal's hands as ours. They are still in the better position as we have one more game than them we need to win. Arsenal have impressed with how they get over poor results. City can go through the rest of the season winning games but we have no room to make a mistake. Let's goooooo

Title races are unpredictable. I remember being broken hearted after coming from 3-1 down at home to the Mackems, to draw 3-3. In 2012. Turned out to be a vital point.
Think we got beat the following weekend which funnily enough was Easter iirc, by Arsenal. Put the scum 8pts in front. Took some shit off the red bastards in the pub that weekend but we had the last laugh.

What will be tough on arsenal is that even if we win every game, we likely wouldn't go top until 5 days before the end of the season.
They will have been top nearly all year and then we could go top right at the death and win it.

What will be tough on arsenal is that even if we win every game, we likely wouldn't go top until 5 days before the end of the season.
They will have been top nearly all year and then we could go top right at the death and win it.
I was thinking the same thing. The lead changed hands a few times early in the season but they’ve been top since the final PL games before the World Cup in November when we lost to Brentford and they won at Wolves later that day.

You know it can work both ways. I think we kinda benefit from playing every 3 days (momentum and all that)-- and if we turn over Bayern, there will be massive belief throughout the team

your right, it can be better to just keep playing with much rest or training or thinking, but that is if your winning,
Arsenal's draw vs Liverpool was seen as Manchester City are going to win the title now,

But 9 very hard games in the premier league anything can happen, we need to keep it real and take it one game at a time, nothing we won or lost yesterday,

They have w ham and Newcastle away pending, both tough games and any nerves will be exposed. I can honestly see arteta having a Keegan type meltdown if they get a bad decision

I love Zinny but I genuinely think he’s the embodiment of why Arsenal won’t win the league and we will. They’re too emotional for it all. He made a mistake? Fine.

Elite mentality players get on with it and make amends, not get subbed because your manager knows your head will have gone. And he’s been shoved in our faces via the media all season that he’s the spirit of this Arsenal squad.

Compare to ours. They’re like robots who get the job done. We don’t blow a 2-goal lead at Anfield (we probably don’t get one in the first place admittedly) in the run-in.
Nothing wrong with emotion channelled the right way, i.e. Zinny was apparently the one behind the scenes driving our comeback against Villa, and contributed on the pitch also, then you remember the West Ham performance and you see the good & bad in those types of players. Interestingly Tierney was primed to come on before Zinny was nutmegged, with the coach turning to Arteta and asking does he still want to make the sub, he’ll be regretting that this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.