The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to have to agree to disagree over this, Leicester were worthy champions and beat all the other teams over the course of the season. They came to the Etihad and put in a great display at the business end of the season
They certainly did and I think subjectively they deserved it. However, objectively they were the 4th best team because there is a lot of luck in football. I don’t think many people thought Forest were as good as us at their place but it ended in a draw.

I watched the game yesterday and once Arsenal went 0-2 up I thought that's it, they'll get go on and get 4 or 5 here. They were superb at times.

However, in the second half you'd have had no idea which team was challenging for the title. Arsenal couldn't get the ball and apart from the odd counter it was all Liverpool. Really, Liverpool should've won it - Salah could've had 2 more, Konate and Nunez should've scored too.

Arsenal will probably say that they'd have taken a point before the game and that's fair, it's not an easy place to go to. However, it's more the way they just disappeared and couldn't get into the game. I think Neville(?) had a point about not stirring the crowd and as soon as Xhaka went into TAA the game changed and he had no reason to do it.

If we beat Leicester, the pressure to have to win will be immense on them. I still can't see them beating Newcastle, Brighton and us. I also think games like West Ham, Forest and Wolves will be tricky - the last two will be against teams fighting to stay up.

I think we will still win the league but we will be pushed all the way. I think we will finish 5 or so points clear in the end.

The issue is we've left it quite late to be at our best this season. Hopefully not too late.

The opposite isn’t it?

We’ve actually peaked too early several times which had cost us in the CL especially.

If we win all our league games we’re also likely to be Champions.

I watched the game yesterday and once Arsenal went 0-2 up I thought that's it, they'll get go on and get 4 or 5 here. They were superb at times.

However, in the second half you'd have had no idea which team was challenging for the title. Arsenal couldn't get the ball and apart from the odd counter it was all Liverpool. Really, Liverpool should've won it - Salah could've had 2 more, Konate and Nunez should've scored too.

Arsenal will probably say that they'd have taken a point before the game and that's fair, it's not an easy place to go to. However, it's more the way they just disappeared and couldn't get into the game. I think Neville(?) had a point about not stirring the crowd and as soon as Xhaka went into TAA the game changed and he had no reason to do it.

If we beat Leicester, the pressure to have to win will be immense on them. I still can't see them beating Newcastle, Brighton and us. I also think games like West Ham, Forest and Wolves will be tricky - the last two will be against teams fighting to stay up.

I think we will still win the league but we will be pushed all the way. I think we will finish 5 or so points clear in the end.

Really hope so, I'm having nightmares thinking we have to go to Brentford for the final game needing 3 points to win the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.