The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think that far ahead, if I'm honest. Those will be our last two games in all likelihood. Clearly the Arsenal game is at the forefront, but I look at our next four - three of which are at home and Fulham on the road - as being potentially defining. In that time, Arsenal play Southampton (h), City (a), Chelsea (h) and Newcastle (a).

I can't get out of my head just how poor Arsenal have been in the last hour of the last two games. They looked like a team really feeling the pressure.

Agree, we need to take it a game at a time. I really don't want to need two wins from two out of those.

If we can just keep going and picking up wins over the next 3/4 games then if Arsenal show any weakness it could be a formality by the time those games come around.

Agree, we need to take it a game at a time. I really don't want to need two wins from two out of those.

If we can just keep going and picking up wins over the next 3/4 games then if Arsenal show any weakness it could be a formality by the time those games come around.
Yes. The other thing to take into account is that IF we beat Arsenal, it's out of their hands and the pressure somewhat lifts from their shoulders. They could well go back to seeing games out comfortably if they are not setting the pace. It's been an excellent seven days but this is far from a done deal.

Not if we win out game in hand, we can afford to draw it too. Our goal difference is superior
Not sure that is right. If they draw with us they would have 78 (assuming they beat soton) and we would have 71 with two games in hand. Need to beat them. Looking so much better than it has though

We’ll have two games in hand on them when we play them.

They play Southampton on Friday night so you’d imagine even with their recent wobble they’ll get 3 points there and they’ll be 7 points ahead having played two games more.

Then it’s the big one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.