The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me, if we beat Arsenal, we can afford to lose another game and still have it in our hands. Win our next two games, starting tomorrow, and we’re in fucking dreamland. Pep has let it be known that the players are completely fucked, but they just need to leave everything on the pitch these next two games to fully set up a treble attempt. It would be so on.
Brighton away is one tricky game ..you never know with Chelsea, so much to play for. Could lose to Arsenal but i think we wont, never know though. Plenty more twists and turns to come

Never, ever saw a loss as a disaster because it's been obvious for weeks that they're just about hanging on, even before they dropped 6 points in 3 games, and the real pressure hasn't even started yet.

Or maybe they're tiring, with all the added time they've had this season they must have played the equivalent of at least one extra game.

A draw next week is now good enough imo.
We need to hope the players don’t slip into that mindset. The setup of a draw being good enough for Arsenal and us needing a win at all costs was partly what made me sure we’d win it. But that’s flipped now, with it being them that need the win at all costs and a draw keeping it in our hands. That could be dangerous for us you know. We need to still go all out for the win as it would allow us to lose at Brighton or Brentford and still have the title in our hands. That lifeline would be huge.

Great result. So what if they came back. They cant win a game. If we win that is 4 games without a win for them. They will fall apart.

Well happy with that,theyve dropped 6 points in last 3 games cant ask for better than that,we will do the buisness wens,they wont be able to cope with us

The deathly silence at the end showed that no-one at Arsenal felt like that was a win.

They all thought they were losing the title before tonight anyway.

In all my time watching football, I've never known a team, and the media, so resigned that the league leaders will lose, and it's become self-fulfilling. As soon as they dropped those points at Anfield they gave in.

We need to hope the players don’t slip into that mindset. The setup of a draw being good enough for Arsenal and us needing a win at all costs was partly what made me sure we’d win it. But that’s flipped now, with it being them that need the win at all costs and a draw keeping it in our hands. That could be dangerous for us you know. We need to still go all out for the win as it would allow us to lose at Brighton or Brentford and still have the title in our hands. That lifeline would be huge.
All valid points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.