The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a disaster for them. They still have to play us, Chelsea in a Derby, Brighton, and Newcastle away. We can draw on Wednesday and that should be enough.
Fuck that we need a win!

I don't get this.. "a draw against arse will be okay now". No it won't, at this stage it's still almost a must win. One of our games in hand against Brighton away is more than difficult.

Pep and the team will treat it as a must win. We are 5 points behind, have to win to bring it down to 2. That's as far ahead as they will look.

So does a draw.

I think!

Just checked. If the game ends in a draw Arsenal can get to 91 pts. We could get to 92.
Yes, correct but I don't know why people are concentrating on this one match. They could drop points at any or all of Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea and even Forest who are scrapping for their lives.

Wednesday isn't a must-win or even a must-draw. Would be good but I'm not going to beat myself up if we lose it. Can guarantee the flappers will be out in force again though if we do.

It does, but a win takes it out of theirs.
Mathematically the Goons have a chance , but they have just dropped six points in their last three games and play ourselves , Brighton and Newcastle in the next few games , bookies just made us 2/9 to win the title , glad i lumped on at even money two weeks ago , might pay for a trip to Istanbul :)

It’s still going to be very very tough for us. We play them at home. I fear when we have to go to Brighton away as pep as alluded to that Theyvare the best team of the moment. Brighton
We beat Arsenal and we could afford to lose against Brighton
However I think if it came down to it we could beat them
Historically we struggle against teams that sit in
Brighton will try and play but unfortunately for them we are better

It’s still going to be very very tough for us. We play them at home. I fear when we have to go to Brighton away as pep as alluded to that Theyvare the best team of the moment. Brighton
That is probably our hardest game, but tonight shows what can happen at this end of the season.

The good news is they've still got to play Brighton, albeit at home and, hopefully, Brighton have one eye on a cup final which will be huge for them. Arsenal has also got to go to Newcastle who are a different team at home. Lots to play for still, but, so far, our arses are still intact.

Also that late point means 5 points clear rather than 4. The difference being a win and a draw versus two wins given our current goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.