The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Magicpole - that was a truly sensational post. Genuinely had me buzzing for tomorrow, more so than I already was!

You also took the words out of my mouth. I sat down on Friday night with a bottle of beer in the house expecting absolutely nothing from Southampton. Even at 2-0, I suspected Arsenal would pull it back to win and take the 3-points as the entire stadium coupled with the conduct of Arteta and his players, showed they KNEW they needed a win having dropped 4 points in recent weeks.

The huddles in the middle of the pitch not even lead by their captain, the flat atmosphere at full time, the players collapsing around the pitch looking gutted, the scarfs over the Gooners eyes at the Emirates all spoke volumes.

Tomorrow, we need to squeeze them further, a win for us and I can see them folding completely.
Thank you. I do what I can and I’m here all week.

I wish I was good with technology. I would take the footage from the end of the game against Southampton and put the soundtrack of either the Death Match or The Last Post over it.

When you defeat them they will go on a run of getting horsed. It’s already happened.

Talk about it once we are at the top, and close to it.

It has been the biggest downfall this season, being unable to close the gap when we had the chances. The giddyness can wait.

There is a difference between highlighting a possible turnaround, and saying the league could be done by the time we play Madrid.

I think you underestimate the team, Arsenal have dropped points 7 times in 2023 and we've got a win in our next match 6 of those times. We've dropped 8 points in 2023 to their 16.

If you can't get giddy about football when we're on a 16 match unbeaten run, in a CL semi-final, FA Cup final and about to play a title deciding League game then when are you going to get giddy? Nothing said on here actually changes anything.

Last edited:
We have Phil to come back in as a big boon to the squad, he was cranking back up to top form before his operation, and I enjoyed Rico's brief appearance recently, still looking very comfortable on the ball, I think both could be very impactful on the last part of this fabulous ride...

I think you underestimate the team, Arsenal have dropped points 7 times in 2023 and we've got a win in our next match 6 of those times. We've dropped 8 points in 2023 to their 16.

If you can't get giddy about football when we're on a 16 match unbeaten run, in a CL semi-final, FA Cup final and about to play a title deciding League game then when are you going to get giddy? Nothing said on here actually changes anything.

I don't underestimate the team. Not at all. I just don't like these premature crowning comments.

But it Was a bit knee-jerk of me to compare your comment to the whole January episode (which you will have noticed really got under my skin), as there is a significant difference.

Let's just see where we are after the Arsenal game first.

Last edited:
I'm talking about mid May!

We play 4 games in the space Arsenal play 2 - and one of them is against us, so there's a pretty big chance of a very dramatic turnaround in the league table. It's not jinxing anything to acknowledge that.

They play 3 for clarity but the point remains. Fulham, West Ham, Leeds. Chelsea and Newcastle for them. We play before them each time. Then we go to Everton before they play Brighton. Win tomorrow and there's a possibility we could win the league by beating Chelsea at home if all goes well for us. What a week that could be if we also do the job and qualify for the CL final.

I could be wrong, but winning tomorrow in my opinion will bury them. They'll be in beach mode if we win a couple more. A young squad who have over achieved expectations this season. They crumbled last year in the top 4 race, and I think it would be the nail in their coffin. We will see.

Talk about it once we are at the top, and close to it.

It has been the biggest downfall this season, being unable to close the gap when we had the chances. The giddyness can wait.

There is a difference between highlighting a possible turnaround, and saying the league could be done by the time we play Madrid.
You’re confusing fans with players. It doesn’t matter if we get giddy - we’re supposed to get over excited

I went for 95-99, thinking we’d finish on 96.
Damn it I wish I’d gone for 92 because that’s what I now think we’ll get ..
The poll was for number of points needed to win the title (one more than the second placed team). Not how many points we’d get if we finish on top.
I went for 85-89. I reckon that’s looking likely - I can’t see Arsenal reaching 90 points.

The poll was for number of points needed to win the title (one more than the second placed team). Not how many points we’d get if we finish on top.
I went for 85-89. I reckon that’s looking likely - I can’t see Arsenal reaching 90 points.

Cheers Alfie, I must’ve half read it and made an assumption . . . a wrong assumption that had doggedly stuck with me until you pointed me to the path of righteousness.
I’d have estimated a lot lower if I’d understood the poll in the first instance.
Good job I wasn’t playing for prize money eh?
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.