The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as expected, Arsenal choke and there is now a big hungry blue cat amongst their little pigeons. You could see something shatter within all of their players and coaching staff at the end of the game. Their fans too were engulfed in a cloud of desperate realisation, that their bogey had lost its wheels.

If there is one team who you have to catch in a final slug out, Arsenal would be that team. The pendulum has now swung and City need to show how to hold your nerve and let your ability smash teams into the middle of next week.

The last set of games for me isn’t about who you play, it’s about how you play. Mentality, something Arsenal lack, will be the key. It’s over to you City. I for one think you will step up to the rabbits nostrils run in. And so do Arsenal. You defeat them at home, then the last timber holding up their roof, will crumble into sawdust. It’s time to move up a ruthless gear and show who and what you are, Champions. No fucking prisoners. Good luck.

Wouldn't want to be a Gooner looking at them City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton fixtures right now. On current form you could see them dropping points in all of them and the season becoming not just a bit of damp squib but an all-time iconic collapse. It feels like the club are starting to talk themselves into a respectable second place finish that rival fans won't laugh about which is exactly where we want them to be.

Wouldn't want to be a Gooner looking at them City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton fixtures right now. On current form you could see them dropping points in all of them and the season becoming not just a bit of damp squib but an all-time iconic collapse. It feels like the club are starting to talk themselves into a respectable second place finish that rival fans won't laugh about which is exactly where we want them to be.
Not sure where the Brighton heads will be,but Newcastle and Chelsea will be up for it surely.

Not sure where the Brighton heads will be,but Newcastle and Chelsea will be up for it surely.
Europa League place will and truly on if they can pick themselves up quickly enough, and it's a competition that would be amazing for their fans and the city. Fingers crossed for them!

If they win tomorrow, they'll regain confidence and may go all the way. Too early to talk about iconic collapse. Let's first beat them.

If they win tomorrow, they'll regain confidence and may go all the way. Too early to talk about iconic collapse. Let's first beat them.
Look, I hope Pep is telling the lads to take it one game at a time, but I do wish we could have a bit of a chance to talk about upcoming football games with a bit of swagger around these parts!

So, as expected, Arsenal choke and there is now a big hungry blue cat amongst their little pigeons. You could see something shatter within all of their players and coaching staff at the end of the game. Their fans too were engulfed in a cloud of desperate realisation, that their bogey had lost its wheels.

If there is one team who you have to catch in a final slug out, Arsenal would be that team. The pendulum has now swung and City need to show how to hold your nerve and let your ability smash teams into the middle of next week.

The last set of games for me isn’t about who you play, it’s about how you play. Mentality, something Arsenal lack, will be the key. It’s over to you City. I for one think you will step up to the rabbits nostrils run in. And so do Arsenal. You defeat them at home, then the last timber holding up their roof, will crumble into sawdust. It’s time to move up a ruthless gear and show who and what you are, Champions. No fucking prisoners. Good luck.
Superb post!

@Magicpole - that was a truly sensational post. Genuinely had me buzzing for tomorrow, more so than I already was!

You also took the words out of my mouth. I sat down on Friday night with a bottle of beer in the house expecting absolutely nothing from Southampton. Even at 2-0, I suspected Arsenal would pull it back to win and take the 3-points as the entire stadium coupled with the conduct of Arteta and his players, showed they KNEW they needed a win having dropped 4 points in recent weeks.

The huddles in the middle of the pitch not even lead by their captain, the flat atmosphere at full time, the players collapsing around the pitch looking gutted, the scarfs over the Gooners eyes at the Emirates all spoke volumes.

Tomorrow, we need to squeeze them further, a win for us and I can see them folding completely.

@Magicpole - that was a truly sensational post. Genuinely had me buzzing for tomorrow, more so than I already was!

You also took the words out of my mouth. I sat down on Friday night with a bottle of beer in the house expecting absolutely nothing from Southampton. Even at 2-0, I suspected Arsenal would pull it back to win and take the 3-points as the entire stadium coupled with the conduct of Arteta and his players, showed they KNEW they needed a win having dropped 4 points in recent weeks.

The huddles in the middle of the pitch not even lead by their captain, the flat atmosphere at full time, the players collapsing around the pitch looking gutted, the scarfs over the Gooners eyes at the Emirates all spoke volumes.

Tomorrow, we need to squeeze them further, a win for us and I can see them folding completely.

We could still win the league if we lose tomorrow. We play before them up to and including the Everton game so can apply pressure. And they'd have to win all 5 which will be tough considering they play Chelsea, Newcastle (a), Brighton, Forest (a) and Wolves.

But we have to win in my opinion. Not just for the league, but for our pursuit of the CL. Real Madrid aren't going to win La Liga. The CL is all they're playing for now. We play them away after Leeds and before Everton then at home before Chelsea. Beat Arsenal and we're 2pts off them with two games in hand. We play Fulham (a), West Ham and Leeds in the following 10 days. A real opportunity for us to put the points on the board and send them to the beach.

Our final four against Everton, Chelsea, Brighton and Brentford is incredibly tricky. I think we need a margin for error. Beat Arsenal and they can get 90pts, but I'd expect them to end up on 87pts at most which leaves us needing 14/21pts which gives us a bit more scope to rest/rotate over the final week or so ahead of the FA Cup final and maybe the CL final too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.