The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It confuses me that people are really coming here and confidently stating Chelsea have no chance against Arsenal. Have you not been watching for the past month?

Posters came on here before they played West Ham saying Arsenal would win easily - they were wrong
Then they came back before they played Southampton saying Arsenal would win easily - they were wrong again

When will people learn? Anybody can beat anybody. It's really that simple.

Arsenal have to go out and beat Chelsea, the game starts at 0-0. It's true that Chelsea are in fucking awful form but so are Arsenal and for this kind of game you can throw the form guide out of the window. It's a derby where both teams have squads costing hundreds of millions that can produce individual moments of quality. The odds are against Chelsea sure, but they absolutely can go out and get something from the game.
Not without a striker they won't. Goals will have to come from midfield. Poor Frank is out of his depth and shouldn't have taken the job. I feel the Gooners will win this 3-0.

If I am right we end up the season with 2 away games at Brentford and Brighton. Not the 2 fixtures I would choose.

But I appreciate Aresnal have some tricky fixtures and are on a roll at the moment.

If we can we win the next 2 league games I think we will do it. But it’s not a gimme yet.

There's an inflexion point in the fixture list which comes on the 7th May when Arsenal play Newcastle. Up until then we have the easier fixtures. After that day we have the harder fixtures with 4 still to play.

Therefore it's all about building up as big of a cushion as we possibly can by that day.

We currently have a two draw/one loss cushion, if we can make it a three draw/two loss cushion (6 pts) then I think that'll be sufficient.

If I am right we end up the season with 2 away games at Brentford and Brighton. Not the 2 fixtures I would choose.

But I appreciate Aresnal have some tricky fixtures and are on a roll at the moment.

If we can we win the next 2 league games I think we will do it. But it’s not a gimme yet.

Yeah next 2 games will determine everything.

We need 14 points(assuming Arsenal will not overcome our 14 goal difference) for us to win and Arsenal to lose, in order to win it, so if we win twice next week then we will need 8 points in the last 4 games.
I.e in 4 games: 3 wins or 2 wins + 2 draws and that is assuming Arsenal will make 5/5.

So take next 2 games and it's doable.

It confuses me that people are really coming here and confidently stating Chelsea have no chance against Arsenal. Have you not been watching for the past month?

Posters came on here before they played West Ham saying Arsenal would win easily - they were wrong
Then they came back before they played Southampton saying Arsenal would win easily - they were wrong again

When will people learn? Anybody can beat anybody. It's really that simple.

Arsenal have to go out and beat Chelsea, the game starts at 0-0. It's true that Chelsea are in fucking awful form but so are Arsenal and for this kind of game you can throw the form guide out of the window. It's a derby where both teams have squads costing hundreds of millions that can produce individual moments of quality. The odds are against Chelsea sure, but they absolutely can go out and get something from the game.
Have you?

April
1st Chelsea 0 Villa 2
4th Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0
8th Wolves 1 Chelsea 0
12th Real Madrid 2 Chelsea 0
15th Chelsea 1 Brighton 2
18th Chelsea 0 Real Madrid 2
26th Chelsea 0 Brentford 2

That's one draw and one goal in their last 7 games. You can see why most on here don't hold out much hope of Chelsea getting anything on tuesday (?) night.

Can they get something at the Emirates? Yes, of course they can. If Saints could get a point, why not Chelsea? Will they get a result at the Emirates? Unlikely, in my opinion. I don't think Arsenal will underestimate them, which is what I'm guessing happened against Southampton.

I sincerely hope you're back on here at 10 pm on tuesday, giving it the big 'un!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.