The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will win the league on the Chelsea game.

Arsenal will beat Chelsea, but Im betting they will get 2 or 3 pts against Brighton and Newcastle. Putting them at 80 or 81 pts with 2 games left.

If we win our next 4 we are at 88, and these are our easier games. The last 2 are tougher in Brighton and Brentford and would be nice to win it early.
I wouldn't worry about Brentford away. They beat us at ours and it was a one off even though they deserved it. We'll beat them at their stadium.

Arsenal are going about it the right way to implode.
By my reckoning, for us to seal the title at Goodison, we'd have to win every PL game up to, and including, that game (Hammers, L***s and Everton). That would have us on 85 points at that stage. Arsenal would have two games left after that weekend (Forest away and Wolves at home). So, by my iffy maths, they couldn't be on more than 78 points at that stage. They've got 75 right now. So, they have to get no more than 3 points between now and that weekend. And they've got Chelsea, Newcastle and Brighton to play before then. Unlikely, but we can dream.

I think so too. People writing Arsenal off way too soon. I think we will need the full 4 wins and 2 draws. They will be capable of beating Newcastle up there.
Think that's writing off Newcastle a bit too easily as well. We'll know whether Arsenal have the bottle after that game, and what we will need to do. Most important think is we don't drop points before then.

Think that's writing off Newcastle a bit too easily as well. We'll know whether Arsenal have the bottle after that game, and what we will need to do. Most important think is we don't drop points before then.
Yep. Vital we pocket the 6 points from the upcoming home games against West Ham and L***s. We mustn't underestimate either opponent. We've seen what happened to Arsenal when they played Saints. We can't let that happen.

Our hardest remaining games will be Leeds and Everton because the whole team could be rested. 3 days rest before Real Madrid both home and away isn’t going to happen.

I think so too. People writing Arsenal off way too soon. I think we will need the full 4 wins and 2 draws. They will be capable of beating Newcastle up there.
We weren’t, and Newcastle have since strengthened as well. Arsenal might prevail but I’m glad it’s them going up there and not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.