The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the talk of Arsenal dropping points against Newcastle people seem to be forgetting the London Derby tomorrow against Chelsea.

While the Chavs are all over the place at the moment, it is a Derby and they could "click", also Arsenal are on a run of 3 points out of 12 knowing they have fucked up a huge opportunity.

I can see them losing both games, the most they could then get point wise then would be 85 points, if we win the games against West Ham, Leeds and Everton over the same period we would need just 1 point from our final 3 games.

Of course it could also all go tits up as well.
Yep. Chelsea are a total shitshow at the moment but they still have decent players. It only takes one bit of individual brilliance to conjure up a goal and the Arsenal choking narrative may well take over and send the Emirates (and the team) spiralling into negativity.

For all the talk of Arsenal dropping points against Newcastle people seem to be forgetting the London Derby tomorrow against Chelsea.

While the Chavs are all over the place at the moment, it is a Derby and they could "click", also Arsenal are on a run of 3 points out of 12 knowing they have fucked up a huge opportunity.

I can see them losing both games, the most they could then get point wise then would be 85 points, if we win the games against West Ham, Leeds and Everton over the same period we would need just 1 point from our final 3 games.

Can’t see Chelsea beating them, not at the Emirates. If the stars align tomorrow night, they might get a draw. Which I'd be delighted with.

Can’t see Chelsea beating them, not at the Emirates. If the stars align tomorrow night, they might get a draw. Which I'd be delighted with.

That's the best I'm hoping for. And I'm not really hoping. Chelsea are playing clown football at present. They've lost four and drawn two, all playing really badly. They've got players who can play, no question, but they are in total disarray. Derby or not, I just don't see it.
Hope I'm wrong. For sure, if by some fluke they scored in the first ten minutes I could see Arsenal's heads going. Because they're in a bad place too. But there's bad. And then there's bad.
I am, however, starting to feel that Brighton could win at the Emirates. It wouldn't surprise me.
Things have really aligned well for us in the league. We ourselves don't have to play Brighton till the very end. I'm hoping it'll be settled by then.

Arsenal may lose against Chelsea and Newcastle and they may win vs Chelsea and Newcastle. It's not obvious which is the more likely scenario.

As things stand, we can win it by 4 pts. We shouldn't care that much about Arsenal now or when we are going to win the title. We can use the wiggle room we have to prepare us in the best possible way for Real. Better to beat Real and win the league at Brentford than to win it by 5-6 pts and lose vs Real.

Arsenal may lose against Chelsea and Newcastle and they may win vs Chelsea and Newcastle. It's not obvious which is the more likely scenario.

As things stand, we can win it by 4 pts. We shouldn't care that much about Arsenal now or when we are going to win the title. We can use the wiggle room we have to prepare us in the best possible way for Real. Better to beat Real and win the league at Brentford than to win it by 5-6 pts and lose vs Real.

Yep, this will be Peps hot take also..

Keep us fresh and rotated for all the things on the table..

Funny old game, we went from snapping your hand off if it came down us to having to win at Brentford on the final game to now wanting it wrapped up with games to spare.

Hopefully Arsenal haven’t finished dropping points yet.
The thing is, it's in our hands now. Which looked iffy after the Forest debacle. We can't ask for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.