The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed! Hard one to call tonight with both teams not winning in a while. I am just pessimistic and look at it from the angle of we are one slip up away from letting Arsenal back into it. Considering its the easier games we have dropped points this season through complacency.

It would need to be two slip ups, as it stands. Anything can happen, but from here on in you'd back us to at least match what Arsenal do.

Arsenal's last win was on the 1st of April.

Chelsea's last win was March the 11th.

Arsenal have had a run of 3 draws and 1 loss, Chelsea 2 draws and 6 losses. They will both be eager to change their form.

Fully expect Arsenal to win. But a 0-0 would do nicely.

We do our bit and beat West Ham, doesn't really affect us either way, we move one game closer anyway.

Arsenal remind me of when we had to beat Leicester in the title run in against the Dippers, the longer the game went on the more pressure was building, Luckily for us we had Kompany scoring a screamer.

I wont be surprised by anything tonight, we just need to keep winning.

Arsenal's last win was on the 1st of April.

Chelsea's last win was March the 11th.

Arsenal have had a run of 3 draws and 1 loss, Chelsea 2 draws and 6 losses. They will both be eager to change their form.

Fully expect Arsenal to win. But a 0-0 would do nicely.

We do our bit and beat West Ham, doesn't really affect us either way, we move one game closer anyway.

Yeah as things stand they can get 90pts so that's the target (to win on GD). 14pts from 18 available. 4 wins and 2 draws. Every game is tough now, as we know. West Ham still aren't safe. Leeds need to win. Everton need to win. Brighton and Brentford going for Europe. Only the Chelsea game has nothing riding on it, but they've got enough good players to get a result if something finally clicks. Away at Goodison after Real Madrid and before the second leg is one that's going to be very difficult. As will Brighton away.

I think Arsenal will drop points in two of their three games against Newcastle, Brighton and Forest. 86pts is what they'll end up on at most in my opinion. Either way, we have to win the next two and then see where things are. Unfortunately, we play at Goodison before they play Brighton. Would be nice to know we have enough of a cushion to go and make a load of changes before the second leg, but based on Sunday I think Pep's being more bold in his team selections and game management knowing we need everyone fit and firing for the CL.

the head says Arsenal will win their game with Chelsea at a canter, Chelsea have been abysmal recently, but football has an amazing knack of backing a result into a dead cert only for there to be a complete turnaround. It happens time and time again, let's just hope it happens tonight.
WHU like this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.