The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot's of debating over home/away records so some stats below for those that love them.

Overall home/away records below. Arsenal play the 5th best team at home in Newcastle and the 4th best team away from home in Brighton. We're playing mid-lower table teams in terms of their respective home and away records so our run in whilst looking tough is easier statistically.

Arsenal - best away record W11 D3 L3 - 2nd best home record W13 D3 L1

Newcastle away (5th best home record W10 D5 L1)
Brighton home (4th best away record W7 D4 L5)
Forest away (12th best home record W6 D6 L5)
Wolves home (18th best away record W2 D5 L10)

City - 2nd best away record W10 D3 L3 - best home form W15 D1 L1

Leeds home (19th best away record W2 D3 L12)
Everton away (18th best home record W5 D3 L9)
Chelsea home (13th best away record W4 D4 L8)
Brighton away (9th best home record W8 D3 L4)
Brentford away (8th best home record W8 D7 L2)

I think beating Leeds will be a real kick in the teeth. It means they can't go top even if they win and I think they'll throw in the towel at St James' Park. If we fail to win it might just give them the boost they need to go and win up there. We'll see.

Lot's of debating over home/away records so some stats below for those that love them.

Overall home/away records below. Arsenal play the 5th best team at home in Newcastle and the 4th best team away from home in Brighton. We're playing mid-lower table teams in terms of their respective home and away records so our run in whilst looking tough is easier statistically.

Arsenal - best away record W11 D3 L3 - 2nd best home record W13 D3 L1

Newcastle away (5th best home record W10 D5 L1)
Brighton home (4th best away record W7 D4 L5)
Forest away (12th best home record W6 D6 L5)
Wolves home (18th best away record W2 D5 L10)

City - 2nd best away record W10 D3 L3 - best home form W15 D1 L1

Leeds home (19th best away record W2 D3 L12)
Everton away (18th best home record W5 D3 L9)
Chelsea home (13th best away record W4 D4 L8)
Brighton away (9th best home record W8 D3 L4)
Brentford away (8th best home record W8 D7 L2)

I think beating Leeds will be a real kick in the teeth. It means they can't go top even if they win and I think they'll throw in the towel at St James' Park. If we fail to win it might just give them the boost they need to go and win up there. We'll see.
Those two lines make me nervous, come on City, come on Newcastle

I fancy a draw beetween Newcastle and Arsenal, meaning we would be 6 points clear (if we beat Leeds) with 4 games to play. So we could lose 2/4 of our final games and still win the league on GD, assuming Arsenal win all theirs.

I don’t see that happening… I think the Tarquins will underestimate them and get their arses handed to them
I doubt any Premier League team would ever underestimate another. Remember Arsenal will have a dozen analysts showing the players hours of footage, stats and data. They'll know everything about Newcastle, so I can't see how Arsenal would be so complacent (especially given the importance of the game) to 'underestimate' them.

Those issues do not exist in sports at such an elite level.

I hope Newcastle do batter them. But it won't be down to complacency from Arsenal. They'll prepare as well for this as any game.

I fancy a draw beetween Newcastle and Arsenal, meaning we would be 6 points clear (if we beat Leeds) with 4 games to play. So we could lose 2/4 of our final games and still win the league on GD, assuming Arsenal win all theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.