The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can definitely do with wrapping it up before the Brighton game,they looked superb last night and they will give us a proper headache.
They do look very good and every chance it could be wrapped up by then if we win our next 2 as Arsenal's next 2 are Newcastle away and Brighton at home. Very tricky games for them to deal with, especially if we beat Leeds on Saturday and the pressure cranks up.

Maximum Arsenal can get is 90 points - we need 11 from 15 available to match them and far superior goal difference - but if we beat Leeds and they drop points at Newcastle we only need 5 or 6 more points - we could win the title at home v Chelsea - can we then play Garcia Palmer Rico Lewis Phillips Laporte and others for last 2 PL games - without sanctions so our 1st team is well rested for CL and FA cup ?

Maximum Arsenal can get is 90 points - we need 11 from 15 available to match them and far superior goal difference - but if we beat Leeds and they drop points at Newcastle we only need 5 or 6 more points - we could win the title at home v Chelsea - can we then play Garcia Palmer Rico Lewis Phillips Laporte and others for last 2 PL games - without sanctions so our 1st team is well rested for CL and FA cup ?

IF we win it against Chelsea AND beat Real, let them have the midweek Brighton game off but they need to play against Brentford to keep momentum going into the finals. They don't have to play the full 90 but we don't want them losing their rhythm

IF we win it against Chelsea AND beat Real, let them have the midweek Brighton game off but they need to play against Brentford to keep momentum going into the finals. They don't have to play the full 90 but we don't want them losing their rhythm
I feel like planning stuff out like this is asking for it to backfire. Just like when I booked my hotel for Paris last year, I’m doing that again this year. I’d rather just wait to see how it plays out.

We must first WIN tomorrow though. We should not forget that :)
Tough game if they adopt the 5-5 double bus.
Honestly believe Leeds will defend deep and time waste from minute 1 - even if we score an early goal… they will want to preserve their goal difference advantage over their relegation rivals

Think it will be a turgid game unless the ref gets a grip early doors

Honestly believe Leeds will defend deep and time waste from minute 1 - even if we score an early goal… they will want to preserve their goal difference advantage over their relegation rivals

Think it will be a turgid game unless the ref gets a grip early doors
It is just as well that Leeds cannot defend.A huge weakness for them.
On their game they are quick and good attacking options.
It will be interesting to see how BFS sets them up.

1. If we take care of business tomorrow, we'll be on 82 pts, with a GD of at least +58.
2. If Arsenal draw on sunday (and that's what my hunch of the result is), they will only be able to reach 88 pts. And their GD (on sunday) would be +42. Though not impossible, I would think it unlikely that they'd overtake our GD in the three games they'd have left. So, if those two results happen, we'll realistically need two wins out of the last 4 games.

It is just as well that Leeds cannot defend.A huge weakness for them.
On their game they are quick and good attacking options.
It will be interesting to see how BFS sets them up.
Probably overlapping wingbacks and a false 9 with the keeper playing out from the back and >70% possession. Remember BFS is as good as Pep because he said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.