The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Rags were celebrating when Arsenal beat us 1-0 and when we were 8 points behind with 6 games to go. Didn't a bookie pay out on them that year?

There's still trips and spills to come lads. One game at a time.
I don't doubt it. But tomorrow is huge. Win that, and put the pressure squarely back on Arsenal. And let's see how they respond. Yes; they had a good result during the week. But let's remember; it was Chelsea, who couldn't win an argument at the moment. We need to go out with the right attitude tomorrow afternoon. Respect the opponent, but don't fear them. As should be the case in every game. And which I'm confident will be the case against L***s.

This could be a huge weekend for us, if we win and go 4 points clear then there is immense pressure on Arsenal to get a win at Newcastle, let's assume that they get a draw and the lead will be down to 3 points although we have a game in hand. If we then won next Sunday at Everton we would be 6 points clear and Arsenal would only have 9 left to play for.

All if's and buts, however if things go in our favour the league could be all but wrapped up next weekend.

Next two are massive for both sides. I’d much rather face Leeds and Everton than Newcastle and Brighton.

If we can better their points tally across those fixtures it’s done imo.

This could be a huge weekend for us, if we win and go 4 points clear then there is immense pressure on Arsenal to get a win at Newcastle, let's assume that they get a draw and the lead will be down to 3 points although we have a game in hand. If we then won next Sunday at Everton we would be 6 points clear and Arsenal would only have 9 left to play for.

All if's and buts, however if things go in our favour the league could be all but wrapped up next weekend.
Just posted something similar on the Leeds pre match thread.

Personally, I don't hold with analysing what fixtures are left and where each side may or may not drop points. For me, the first principle is to focus on looking after what we can control, which means winning our own games. The second is to take the games one at a time. Hardly ground-breaking stuff, I know, but reading through this thread I see plenty who don't seem able to stick to these principles.

That's fine for you, but it's fun to speculate. We are the speculating and remembering animal — neither totally in the past, nor totally in the present, nor totally in the future. It's what we do.

Good post, by the way.

If we have the mindset that we can already afford to drop points and that Arsenal are going to drop further points still, I think we’ll lose out on the title.

The mindset has to be that Arsenal are going to win every single game comfortably and we have to do the same.

Having read Trent Alexander-Arnold’s comments this morning I don’t think we need to worry about the players’ mindset. Also good to see we broke the scousers haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.