The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is quite funny how they try to make out that the Premier League could be won by anyone until Pep came along.
Don’t you know…

Five teams winning it in the first 20 years of the league, with only three teams winning it more than once in that span, and one team winning it 12 times (60% of the time), does mean any club could win it before our period of absolute dominance of 5 league titles in 10 years (50%), with only five teams winning it in that time!

We’ve ruined the Premier League!

Arsenal losing or drawing today is practically same for us: we would need to win two games to secure the title. They are 16 GD behind us and they are not clawing that back in three games.

Newcastle will be well up for this today, 3 pts and they put a lot of breathing room between them and the scum.

They have to play Brighton too. Our Brighton game is the only game that worries me but it could be over with by then.
There game v brighton is a home , they will win that , ours being away is much harder

Arsenal losing or drawing today is practically same for us: we would need to win two games to secure the title. They are 16 GD behind us and they are not clawing that back in three games.
If the win today we can still only lose one game (until they lose or draw).

If they lose or draw, we can lose two matches and very likely win the league, as our goal difference is far superior and they would only have 3 games to try to make it up, with us having 2 games to pad our GD.

Last edited:
It will be an interesting game today. I think at this point it’s all about ‘belief’…..do Arsenal actually believe they are still in a title race ?

We will find out today in how they set up and play at Newcastle. If they are not looking to play quickly and on the front foot it will say a lot about their state of mind….they know it’s a must win game, fail and surely they will think it’s done.

Anyone else giving the match a swerve and doing something else Instead? Left my grass to grown on purpose and it needs cutting from 4.30pm onwards. :-)

There game v brighton is a home , they will win that , ours being away is much harder
I’m not sure it is, kaz.

How do teams usually play against us at home versus away?

How does that potentially impact our success?

This is especially the case for Brighton, who are actually quite middling at home based on their results this season.

As it stands their home PPG is 1.875, whilst our away PPG is 2.062. It gets even better when you break it out on recent form.

Last 6 Home Form PPG for Brighton is 2.166, whilst our Last 6 Away Form PPG is 2.66

I’m not sure it is, kaz.

How do teams usually play against us at home versus away?

How does that potentially impact our success?

This is especially the case for Brighton, who are actually quite middling at home based on their results this season.

As it stands their home PPG is 1.875, whilst our away PPG is 2.062. It gets even better when you break it out on recent form.

Last 6 Home Form PPG for Brighton is 2.166, whilst our Last 6 Away Form PPG is 2.66
It stands to reason teams are much more comfortable at home but i take your stats on board

It stands to reason teams are much more comfortable at home but i take your stats on board
It’s true, and they tend to not want to park the bus, concede 80% of possession to us, and play on the counter in front of their fans, especially top half teams with ambition.

Which opens up the pitch for us more than playing the likes of West Ham, Forest, Leeds, or United at the Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.