The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Newcastle.....

Hopefully St James Park is up for it.... !!!
It will be, this is their biggest game of the season, their fans will be on the lash all day & expect a performance, there’s lots for them to play for, they’re taking on one of the established so called elite, a team they’re hoping to emulate, as well as finishing as high up the table as possible, beating the raggies to 3rd, closing the gap to the very top, they’re at home, with in form strikers and a stubborn defence, backed up by an excellent keeper, their midfield is full of runners & grafters, if Arsenal aren’t at the top of their game then they’ll be punished

If we win the last 4 games are there any other records broken?
We will be only the fifth club in English football history to win three league titles in a row.

Huddersfield Town: 1923-1926
Arsenal: 1932-1935
Liverpool: 1981-1984
Manchester United: 1998-2001, 2006-2009

Technically a record equalled not broken but still shows what an impressive achievement it would be given it's only been done five times by four different clubs in 135 years.

I'd bee shocked if Newcastle get anything of them
Not so sure myself. Arsenal players must have looked at us and though what's the point in giving 110% now. It will be interesting though, and I hope Arsenal do come with their A-game, I am hoping for big things from them next year, be in the mix and dilute our competition somewhat.

i think if Arsenal win today, they win their remaining fixtures. The momentum and confidence will be back.

Next week at Everton is going to be crucial for us. A game that could pretty much send Everton down if they lose today away to Brighton and a game that if Arsenal were to win today, I think momentum swings their way a little.

That last week for us is very tough. Chelsea(h) and Brighton and Brentford away.

It only takes a poor half like we have had in the last couple of games and it could be curtains for our title bid.

I can't stress how important it is for us today for Newcastle to get at least a draw.
Can’t rely on other teams doing us favours…..

I’m fairly confident we will do what is needed even if Arsenal win out.

Still be nice if they made it easier for us though..

i think if Arsenal win today, they win their remaining fixtures. The momentum and confidence will be back.

Next week at Everton is going to be crucial for us. A game that could pretty much send Everton down if they lose today away to Brighton and a game that if Arsenal were to win today, I think momentum swings their way a little.

That last week for us is very tough. Chelsea(h) and Brighton and Brentford away.

It only takes a poor half like we have had in the last couple of games and it could be curtains for our title bid.

I can't stress how important it is for us today for Newcastle to get at least a draw.
I tend to agree.

If Arsenal lose or even draw today then I think their heads will drop and will probably lead to them dropping more points in their last three games as they'll think they've blown it.

However, if they beat Newcastle I think they could get a second wind which will help them to beat Brighton. Especially if we were to drop points against Everton which is not beyond the realms of possibility when you consider all the factors surrounding that game.

I'm stating the obvious but Newcastle getting something today could be a really pivotal result in the title race because of how tough our fixtures get from this point on with the Madrid games on top.

Obviously we can still win the league even if Arsenal win today but it would be great to have that extra little bit of breathing room as I think we might need it.

We will be only the fifth club in English football history to win three league titles in a row.

Huddersfield Town: 1923-1926
Arsenal: 1932-1935
Liverpool: 1981-1984
Manchester United: 1998-2001, 2006-2009

Technically a record equalled not broken but still shows what an impressive achievement it would be given it's only been done five times by four different clubs in 135 years.
United did it twice in just over a decade you say?

Should forward that on to the BBC, Sky Sports, Nick Harris, and Miguel Delaney, as I believe they are looking for examples of dominance that has been bad for English football and may have missed that one.

We haven’t had poor halves in the last few games.

And quite literally all evidence from every recent title run-in contradicts a belief that we may struggle this year, regardless of what Arsenal does.

And all evidence of this title run-in is that Arsenal are the side most likely to struggle with the pressure over the last few matches.

It is so interesting how these narratives—that are not supported by any evidence—develop and disseminate.

All it seems to take is for Arsenal to win one game and for us not to win a match 8-0 and they come rushing back, as many blues seem to completely forget everything that has occurred in previous seasons.

IMG-3489.jpg

Last edited:
United did it twice in just over a decade you say?

Should forward that on to the BBC, Sky Sports, Nick Harris, and Miguel Delaney, as I believe they are looking for examples of dominance that has been bad for English football and may have missed that one.
It is quite funny how they try to make out that the Premier League could be won by anyone until Pep came along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.