The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to how the fixtures have played out and us having games in hand if Arsenal win their next two they’ll go top regardless…

Hopefully just for a day until we play Chelsea on the Sunday.

A tough run in?

We play two of the shittest teams in the league in our next two games, followed by two relatively tough away games.

We will wipe the floor with all four of the sides we have to play, because we are head and shoulders above all four, and have everything to play for, whilst three of the four teams we play have virtually nothing to play for.

It really frustrates me that our fans shit themselves when things might get relatively tough, but seem to forget what our squad is made up of.

3 wins out of 4 and we win the league, its as simple as that. We will win the league at Brighton away.
Not just what our squad is made up of, but if recent history tells us anything, it's that we can handle the pressure going into the final games of the season. We're fucking built for this type of run in!

Are we looking into these Real games too much? Just checked our results after both Real games last season and we beat Leeds 4-0 away after the first leg and then smashed Newcastle 5-0 at home after that demoralising result in Madrid. Our squad was in a worst state during those games too, barely had a defence to field and obviously no Haaland or Alvarez up top.

Interestingly, if you watched the match, there wasn’t actually much between Newcastle and Arsenal (a sentiment the Robbies on NBC agreed with, which was a nice change from Neville’s desperate, sycophantic shit chatting). Newcastle just failed to put away their chances and conceded an own goal that effectively killed off the match (though, they did have have a few more chances after that).

They actually had the Arses on the ropes for the first 10 minutes and it would have likely been a very different game the Barcodes had put in any one of their three big chances during that period of dominance.

I think it puts our Arsenal and Newcastle (and even Leeds) performances in to perspective.

We got 10 out of 12 points off them; we beat Leeds without some of our most important players and conserved energy in the process. We are clearly the better side.

We just need to keep winning and see if Arsenal can deal with the mounting pressure.

I still don’t think they win all of their reaming games, but it won’t matter if we win 3 of the 4 remaining for us.

And we can do better than that, just ask dipper fans, players, and bewildered Klopp.

I am still pretty confident we will at least win the league, and likely the FA Cup.

I think we also can go on to win the CL but my confidence for that depends on that depends on the result on Tuesday.

But even if we don’t win any of the remaining comps, I will still be a proud (though, disappointed) blue and feel incredibly lucky to have been a fan when we were shite and now when we are arguably the best club team in the world.

Up the blues!

I’m glad I’m not the only one. Thought maybe my eyes needed checking based on some other’s assessments.

All the talk about Arsenal looking “dominant” and “assured”. What the actual fuck are they talking about? Newcastle hit the post twice, might have had a penalty and missed a header from 2 yards out, Arsenal had less possession, fewer shots, half as much of the ball in Newcastle’s territory… they looked terrible by their standards this season. On another day the barcodes could have scored three or four and we’d be having a very different discussion.

Nothing about that Arsenal performance gave me the impression they are a team of 70s Brazil Jairzinho regens that are going to cast all of their opposition asunder. Effortlessly wiping out all before them.

They look fragile. Very fragile. Brittle even. I’m not at all worried. One decent opponent in their last three games will break them.

We just need to worry about our own games and the rest will take care of itself.

Behave.

This next week is crucial for us but I think there is some weird mental gymnastics going on here.

Our run in is still comparable to Arsenal’s. Forest away and Everton away are similar in context. We both have Brighton and assuming Arsenal beat them, our three last opponents will have sod all to play for.
Ps. That should have said ‘were’ as in past tense of are… not ‘we’re’ as in we are…

We certainly aren’t shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.