The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal were always going to win today imo, they are miles better than Newcastle.
Newcastle just werent very good
Plus Arsenal struggle against lower down teams. Any team who tries to take them on get done. The except same thing happened to Arsenal at the Etihad. Tried to go toe to toe. On hindsight they should have stayed in their own half.

For me, Everton is the biggest game of the season.

I think the Chelsea game takes care of itself with us either buzzing on the back of making the CL final or fuming at being knocked out of the semi again.

Beat Everton and I think we go into the Brighton game with a minimum of a 4 point lead.

That said, the position we are in actually allows us to prioritise the Madrid game over Everton.
I don’t know about this. The biggest game is the one we finish and end up champions. Everton just happen to be next. Win at Everton and we can breathe a little easier. I don’t want us losing any game. We are better than every team in the league so…

We have the tougher schedule and harder games now.
If Arsenal overcome Brighton they will win all their remaining games and reach 90 points. We must beat Everton then we just need 5 points from 3 games to beat them on GD.
forrest away for them could be tricky,'not on paper' but they need points to stay up,its the same as our Everton game exactly the same

We’ve won our last 10 league games on the bounce. We now need to win 2 or 3 (at the most) out of 4. Arsenal at home to Brighton and away at forest are far from gimmees
As I’ve said numerous times (although I don’t expect you to know, remember or even read my posts, so no worries), I’d think we had it in the bag if NUFC had won today, because there’s no way we aren’t getting 1 win and a draw from 4 games!

But…there’s a reason we play games, because form and “winning on paper” don’t count!

We are in a fantastic position.

We are not guaranteed to win, but virtually all of us would have been happy to accept our position before the start of the season. We can win any game that we need to win.

If Arsenal win it from here, they will deserve it. But it's us who are the likely winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.