The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for the first time I'm glad Pep and the boys have cojones a little bit bigger than some of the posters here.
Spot on.

Amazes me how many people are adamant that Arsenal will win all of their remaining games, while thinking that all of a sudden we are going to have a melt down.

We'll get a result in Madrid to bring back to the Etihad, and then we'll go to Goodison and wipe the floor with them.

Disappointed with the mighty Toon today and I live here.
We have a fight on our hands here three away and Chelsea who may in fact turn up but hey we are the best aren’t we but we are scrapping on two other fronts which will make things very tricky a problem they haven’t got.
1/13 on at the bookies for the title is very optimistic as I see it but a good win Tuesday will set the boys up sweetly.

we should be confident going to Everton to win
Their form is appalling, they lost at home to Fulham amd Newcastle recently
They will look to sit deep and hit us with set pieces but We have Harland and de bruyne and they need to win
Exactly right. I think people don't want to get their fingers burned by displaying any sort of confidence in this team and then see us blow it. Anything can indeed happen but we have been relentless for nearly three months now. A potential four-point advantage for a champion team is a great position to be in with four games to go. Yes, we might drop points but so might Arsenal. I see our run-ins as being similar:

Everton away is comparable to Forest away;

Chelsea at home is comparable to Wolves at home;

Brighton away is comparable to Brighton at home as there is little difference between their home and away records.

It just irritates me when I read "Arsenal will win every game". Nobody knows that they will or won't, so why say it like it's a certainty? I don't mind "I think Arsenal will win every game" but I'll bet all of the armchair Nostradamuses wouldn't stick £100 on Arsenal winning their last three.

We're a bloody good side and can look equally as good when five first-teamers are taken out of the starting line-up. What will be will be.

Exactly right. I think people don't want to get their fingers burned by displaying any sort of confidence in this team and then see us blow it. Anything can indeed happen but we have been relentless for nearly three months now. A potential four-point advantage for a champion team is a great position to be in with four games to go. Yes, we might drop points but so might Arsenal. I see our run-ins as being similar:

Everton away is comparable to Forest away;

Chelsea at home is comparable to Wolves at home;

Brighton away is comparable to Brighton at home as there is little difference between their home and away records.

It just irritates me when I read "Arsenal will win every game". Nobody knows that they will or won't, so why say it like it's a certainty? I don't mind "I think Arsenal will win every game" but I'll bet all of the armchair Nostradamuses wouldn't stick £100 on Arsenal winning their last three.

We're a bloody good side and can look equally as good when five first-teamers are taken out of the starting line-up. What will be will be.
Any other time if you said win three out of the next four games we would be confident
For me it’s now win the next two

My conclusion at this late stage of the season and watching todays games. The standard has been awful. In reality neither Arsenal or City should drop points on the run in.
Yep. The standard has been awful this season bar the top 2. Brighton are the third best side this season for me and have been absolutely robbed by scandalous decisions. They could still play a part in the games against Arsenal and us. I’d prefer to go there on the back of 2 wins. No need to rest players now anyway.

Let's be a bit serious guys. We have four more games. Four. We have a serious claim to being the best footballing side in Europe. We're not playing ogres here. We're not playing the 2009 Barcelona of Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Messi. We're playing Everton, Chelsea, Brentford and Brighton. I have every confidence we get this over the line, regardless of what Arsenal do or don't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.