The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying any of this WILL happen but I get uneasy celebrating something that isn't done yet. It will be a bearpit at Forest on Saturday as they fight for survival and I hope they win and it's a totally relaxed day of celebration for us on Sunday.
Remember Bobby conceded to the rags with 6 games to go and us 8 points behind in 2012 . Look how that turned out, never over till its over.

Remember Bobby conceded to the rags with 6 games to go and us 8 points behind in 2012 . Look how that turned out, never over till its over.

As the excellent new documentary up on the OS makes clear, he said to the players in the dressing room, “That'll be my public face. You know that we go on till the end.” I think Clichy mentions it.

If you want some history, we need 2 pts from three matches.

It's six years since we had a run of three games and took just 2 pts.

It's seven years since we had a run of games in the Premier League where we took less than 2 pts (Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool in the season that Leicester were Champions).

Good find.

I saw this when we played arsenal. About 45 minutes before the game cameras caught their players in the tunnel and they looked gaunt. Would have rather been anywhere else.

Zinchenko doing the huddles, grabbing lads to whisper in their ears pre game, it’s been there the whole time. The inevitability of city coming like a plague and zinchenko being the lad with “the end is nigh” bell and sign.

I've been thinking about this post.

There seems to be two narratives around City.

The first is the oil cheat, little citeh, emptihad, plastic club bullshit.

And the second is the truth, City as a ruthlessly efficient winning machine, a group of players trained and tutored by football's greatest manager.

A team that intimidates opponents simply by turning up.

Our players are supremely talented top notch professionals, we're a team that keeps the ball and passes our hapless chasing opponents to death, and in so doing creates chance after chance, until inevitably the net bulges and it's another win for the blues.

Managers and players of all the other clubs know this, not least Arsenal. The Gunners know only too well what it takes to be like City, and attempting to be us brought them temporary success, but it also brought with it the realisation that they're not us, and that realisation and the shadow of the real thing breathing down their neck, proved too much in the end and their nerve failed.

Last edited:
Think it reads back ok. Would have had to put another comma in place of that one, after ‘wrong’, if that one had been omitted, I reckon.

’Fraid not, gdm. You're confusing it with a relative clause, where you'd be correct on the rule (and even then, only in the case of non-defining relatives). You've elided the conjunction (as we do), but it doesn't change the rule.
For example: “Lovebites believes (that) gdm is mistaken in this instance.” ≠ “Lovebites believes, (that) gdm is mistaken in this instance.”
I have a sneaking suspicion that people are less than fascinated by the point, though. Perhaps if we wish to continue it we should revert to pm
;-)

I don't get Arsenal conceding the title and all the pundits saying it's done. It's never over until the fat lady sings. Sure it's very difficult and I hope to God it is over but this scenario changes it entirely. Arsenal beat Forest on Saturday. One point behind, they have one game left. Everyone then expects us to beat Chelsea on Sunday.....but...we draw or lose. We then have two very tough away games and need two, or one point, providing as expected Arsenal beat Wolves on the final day. We lose at Brighton. It's then squeaky bum time on the final day. Now of course we all hope Arsenal.lose to Forest on Saturday and it's party time on Sunday. Please God.
Cold blooded killers don’t go down to Chelsea, Brighton or Brentford. Mentally, this team is an apex predator.

Last edited:
really want us to get the win on sunday purely for gundo and bernardo - could very well be their last home game in gods own sky blue and want them to have their moment with the fans.

does anyone know if 1894 are planning anything special or if there’s going to be a big bus welcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.