The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t it be great if Forest could at least get a draw against Arsenal, and City would go into the Chelsea game as Champions at the last home game of the season.(Arsenal aren’t turning over a 20 goal difference)

I think Arsenal will try one last time to put us pressure and because they are so much superior to Notingham, the result would be either 1-3 or 0-2.

But it's ok since we just need to win against Chelsea or even draw if we do not manage to win and then go for just another draw in 2 games(of course we will try to win all games but I mean even a draw would suffice).

Last edited:
If we are not champions by 17:50 on Sunday then something will have gone badly wrong.
I think we should start with strongest possible team - with the exception of players who may be carrying knocks - and get the job done asap which will allow us to rotate as needed before the FA Cup final (and hopefully the Champions League final too).

In that scenario I would not give a damn about the results against Brighton and Brentford. Start the likes of Kalvin-Philips, Cole and Gomez and do not bring on the big names to chase the games if we go behind.

I correctly predicted that if we won yesterday, arse wouldn’t beat Brighton

As I’m on a roll I’m predicting that a forest team who are pretty decent at home, are desperate for points, and will have a rocking stadium roaring them on.. will brush aside an injury ravaged arsenal who have been crushed emotionally and have already given up
Pep knows how to manage pressure; Arteta does not. Which is surprising given he was Pep's No.2 for 2 of our title wins.

I guess the difference with us, you never really had to sweat. With Liverpool, they ran u to the last day. Your team was probably laughing at the thought of Arsenal taking the title xD

Arsenal put together a good run after they lost to City at the Emirates, everyone was expecting Arsenal to fold after that they kept going. It’s not won there’s three games left, keeping the title race going this long is something Arsenal can take some consolidation from if you compare to how United, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea have done this season. I expect Arsenal to be back on it in August with another transfer window, Arteta is building something good so plenty to be optimistic about.

I guess the difference with us, you never really had to sweat. With Liverpool, they ran u to the last day. Your team was probably laughing at the thought of Arsenal taking the title xD

I think the problem for Arsenal is that Pep and the boys took you very, very seriously.

Nail on head. Arsenal had phenomenal momentum at about the halfway point. I certainly thought their chances were as good as ours. The more so in that we weren't playing particularly good football. The big, glaring thing was that the Arsenal squad was not on the same level as the team. Everybody knew it. So it always depended on being injury free. I must say that when Jesus was injured for that long period I thought it would affect them more than it did.
In at least two of Liverpool's seasons it is downright eerie how injury-free they remained. Was Suarez, for instance, ever out for injury during that phenomenal season he had?

On the contrary, without your outstanding season we would have won this a month ago. you’ve taken it to the last 3 games and you’ve made us have to win, we had to go on one of our long winning runs again, including beating yourselves twice to win the league this year, it hasn’t been a cake walk.

Arsenal unlike Liverpool failed earlier in the run in, that’s not on us, we couldn’t slip up at all, and we didn’t.

You’ll see for yourselves one day maybe, you have these months in the title race that you literally have to keep Winning, no slip ups. We’ve built this mentality from a good few years of doing it. You guys will need to do it yourselves to understand how hard that actually is.

This ain’t no disco man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.