The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I‘m not as certain as many are that this is over.
I’m not being a pessimist but, if the roles were reversed and they had Chelsea a few days after Madrid and in the week they’re confirming Pochettino, then Brighton and Brentford away, whilst we had Forest and Wolves, I’d still fancy we were bang in it!
Mathematically it's not over, but it would be the craziest turn of events in Premier league history at this point. I wouldn't place a bet on Arsenal beating Forest, I can see it being a draw and the title being won by Saturday.

I’m not being a pessimist but, if the roles were reversed and they had Chelsea a few days after Madrid and in the week they’re confirming Pochettino, then Brighton and Brentford away, whilst we had Forest and Wolves, I’d still fancy we were bang in it!

Well it's not over. But we need a win against Chelsea and this is doable.
Also very doable is a draw here and to get another draw from the next 2 games unless you believe we will lose them both.

Btw you are more pessimist than me it seems :)

They are 100/1
Go make yourself rich

Are we absolutely there? No typical city lurking ?

Are we sure ?
I understand without always agreeing with some pessimism on these boards, but I think to question whether Pep and the lads can pick up two points in three games verges on disrespect to be honest. If we lost on Sunday then we can get back to one game at a time, until then I think it's safe to say it's 99% done.

missed that - he's a great lad that @Jack Hackett

Arsenal had a decent poster on here for a while with the delightful username of Gladstonian Liberal. He was ok, then got into a rather sterile spat (sterile on both sides, I should say) that went on and on and on about Alexis Sanchez. At that point I think he decided we were a lot of bigoted arseholes, and he gracefully withdrew.
Since Gladstone has always been one of my personal heroes, I had a bit of a soft spot for that poster. Most of his contributions were thought out and generally sound.
They also had a rather comical poster called, if I remember rightly, Gooner2. He was very, very chirpy in the 13-14 season until they came to the Etihad and we beat them 6-3 in December. Then disappeared like a shot. Funny, that.
As “foreign” posters go @Crouchinho's a good poster (and shouldn't take it to heart when I express my bile about his club, but I don't think he notices, which is just as well).
Can't remember us ever having a United poster on here (other than in disguise). There are one or two City fans who post on Redcafé. They get pelters, but give back as good as they get.
In the days when I still sullied my eyesight by looking on RAWK (several years back, until I decided that listening to a baying pack foaming at the mouth is depressing and life is short) it used to strike me that they never had guest posters from other clubs popping in.

I understand without always agreeing with some pessimism on these boards, but I think to question whether Pep and the lads can pick up two points in three games verges on disrespect to be honest. If we lost on Sunday then we can get back to one game at a time, until then I think it's safe to say it's 99% done.
Whoosh !

I am usually a pessimist but I think Chelsea could be confirming the lord god almighty as manager & we would still be ok :-)

I don't get Arsenal conceding the title and all the pundits saying it's done. It's never over until the fat lady sings. Sure it's very difficult and I hope to God it is over but this scenario changes it entirely. Arsenal beat Forest on Saturday. One point behind, they have one game left. Everyone then expects us to beat Chelsea on Sunday.....but...we draw or lose. We then have two very tough away games and need two, or one point, providing as expected Arsenal beat Wolves on the final day. We lose at Brighton. It's then squeaky bum time on the final day. Now of course we all hope Arsenal.lose to Forest on Saturday and it's party time on Sunday. Please God.
Your cheerfulness is a credit to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.