The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In real terms it's not xmas yet. After we play Spurs in 2 weeks it'll be half way through the season so for me there's loads of time to reel Arsenal in. I remember catching utd from 8 pts back with 6 games to go so I'll never believe City cannot catch another team until it's mathematically impossible.

I think all the top teams will drop plenty of points in the coming months
I’m not really worried about Arsenal going on a long winning run like Liverpool have done in recent years
We’re the only team capable of that from here I think if we get our act together. And if we do that we will win the league comfortably

Think we’ll win it by 5-10 points and it will feel fairly comfortable in the end. Not expecting a dramatic finish to the season.

People genuinely thought we were dead and buried because we drew in DECEMBER. If you seriously think Arsenal aren't losing a single game until the end of the year, have a word.

If, and it's a huge IF, we win both at United and Spurs, we'll be big favourites for the title, for we'll be likely to get around 90 pts again. I still think Arsenal won't get more than 88 pts (even if they win their next two games, I doubt it though).

Admittedly, if Arsenal win 6 pts vs Spurs and United and we win fewer than 3 pts, it will be a lot more difficult for us, for Arsenal will be 9+ pts clear after the first 19 games. They'll be favourites then. Also, if United win the games with us and Arsenal, they may be title challengers too. But we have the players and the manager to get on a winning run at some point and we are likely to do it.

Arguably, we are less likely to suffer from fatigue and injuries than Liverpool, for Pep has rotated key players much more than Klopp, plus only KDB (and Walker) from the key players are over 29 y.o., whereas Liverpool have 4-5 such players and it shows this season. Some problems this season may be traced back to the efforts from last season. Liverpool and West Ham have fallen off a cliff for a reason. Hopefully, Pep's ability to rotate will get us over similar problems. Those willing Pep to find his best XI and play it week in week out are being silly. Rotation is absolutely essential to our capacity to fight for all trophies every season.

Could be top after the next 2 games. Could also be well adrift.

United and Spurs next for us.
Spurs and United for Arsenal.

2 wins for us, a loss and a draw for Arsenal.

We go top on goal difference and stay top for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.