The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at similar threads on the Arsenal Mania forum, you can see the nerves/lack of belief that erupted after our result last night. I don't think they have the mentality for an intense title race yet. Whereas for us it's our bread and butter. We do this every other season (and win the league every time).

If you look at similar threads on the Arsenal Mania forum, you can see the nerves/lack of belief that erupted after our result last night. I don't think they have the mentality for an intense title race yet. Whereas for us it's our bread and butter. We do this every other season (and win the league every time).

Fair points, but Arsenal and their fans are two different things. Their players don't have much to lose, they'll be absolute heroes if they win the title. This helped Liverpool to compete with us, it's helping Arsenal now. But it's premature to compare Arsenal to Liverpool. Klopp had big success before Liverpool, and most of Liverpool's stars had the right age profile when they competed for the title: 26-30 y.o. Arsenal have a lot less experience, both in terms of players and managerial staff.

Fair points, but Arsenal and their fans are two different things. Their players don't have much to lose, they'll be absolute heroes if they win the title.
They have everything to lose! This could be the one opportunity some of those players ever have to win a major trophy, and they'll be spoken of as being the worst type of bottlers if they don't win the title from here. Lose again and they'll have to dust themselves off and try and do it all again while navigating CL football.

Could be top after the next 2 games. Could also be well adrift.

United and Spurs next for us.
Spurs and United for Arsenal.

2 wins for us, a loss and a draw for Arsenal.

We go top on goal difference and stay top for the rest of the season.
I’m predicting we’ll still be five points behind after these two games. The big one is next month, away at Arsenal. Absolutely critical that we don’t lose their. If we get to April five points behind, we’ll win the league.

Fair points, but Arsenal and their fans are two different things. Their players don't have much to lose, they'll be absolute heroes if they win the title. This helped Liverpool to compete with us, it's helping Arsenal now. But it's premature to compare Arsenal to Liverpool. Klopp had big success before Liverpool, and most of Liverpool's stars had the right age profile when they competed for the title: 26-30 y.o. Arsenal have a lot less experience, both in terms of players and managerial staff.

They don't have much to lose right now, but as it comes closer the pressure ramps up. They completely bottled making the top 4 last season losing out to Spurs of all teams! At the moment it's just a dream and they can play with freedom but I thought Arteta showed just how much he's thinking about it by his reactions during the game.

Important to note we play a game more in the league than them before we meet, so we've the potential to be going above them if we beat them (5pt gap reduced to 2pts with extra game). They'd have a game in hand but it would be a psychological blow.

Could be top after the next 2 games. Could also be well adrift.

United and Spurs next for us.
Spurs and United for Arsenal.

2 wins for us, a loss and a draw for Arsenal.

We go top on goal difference and stay top for the rest of the season.
I know there's a lot more football left to play, but it does feel like the season pivots on this. I'd probably settle for 4 points and hope Arsenal drop the same or more.

They have everything to lose! This could be the one opportunity some of those players ever have to win a major trophy, and they'll be spoken of as being the worst type of bottlers if they don't win the title from here. Lose again and they'll have to dust themselves off and try and do it all again while navigating CL football.

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Much better teams have lost the title after leading by 7-8 pts, e.g., future CL winners Liverpool in 18/19. Nobody thought Arsenal stood a chance to compete for the title before the season. They'll be regarded as heroes if they succeed, not the slightest doubt about that.

I fear for Arteta's wellbeing if it's a tight race going into April and May. He was out of control the other night and we're not half way through the season yet. Passion from a manager is a good thing but too much of it can sometimes harm a team more than help it.
I think a 1996 Keegan style meltdown may well be on the cards if we get the upper hand going into the last few weeks.

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Much better teams have lost the title after leading by 7-8 pts, e.g., future CL winners Liverpool in 18/19. Nobody thought Arsenal stood a chance to compete for the title before the season. They'll be regarded as heroes if they succeed, not the slightest doubt about that.
One things for sure given this crazy World Cup season: whoever wins this title will have deserved it. It is going to require nerves of steel. This is why the PL is the best football contest in the world. Being part of this experience is amazing for us fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.