The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still 20 games left but winning 4 out of the last 5 premier leagues does take it out the players keep going to that well! Top four and the champs league be a fantastic season

Bookies still have us as favourites. I imagine if arsenal win tomorrow they will take over.

I don't think we're miles off it. But I do think we have dipped. This is a similar pattern to 2016/17 and 2019/20, when certain things are just not quite right and we become exposed. We've had a fabulous 5 years but I trust that Pep and the club will look at this season and see where things have gone wrong. We will come back stronger. We can't have it all our own way all of the time.

I just watched a United team that has improved a bit, but is still a million miles off where City will be with some decent summer business.

i have a very grim view now after some of recent results like 1 point at the Etihad from 6 vs Brentford &Everton. that is piss poor.

throwing away 1-0 lead at Old Toilet is another.

we keep giving ammunition to Arsenal with our failures and unable to put together a winning streak of even 3 games let alone 6-8.

tomorrow they dont have to play their north london derby with the fear they are only 2 points ahead if they lose, instead they can go and play it safe that even a draw will improve their gap from us...
have a feeling they win it now and push through a hard game and make it to an 8 point gap.

more a worry soon if our form continues we need to look backwards. thank God Liverpool and Chelsea both good 10+ points below what would have been normally predicted for them at this point as that could risk us being in EL next year.

big worry is Pep does not seem to be able to fix the rot, a good win at Leeds than a horrible Everton result, two good wins vs a shit , injury ridden Chelsea but then a horrible Soton result followed up by throwing away the derby from a lead.

next 3 PL games is Spurs home, Wolves home, Spurs away, imo very hard, Wolves will sit back big time, while Spurs doing the same has our cryptonite in Son and Kane.

no way we can do the 9 points in these, fear it will be closer to 4-5 points. Arteta would be the happiest with not for sure.

There was enough in that second half for me to think we can still step up a level and win the league

United are not good enough, there's no need to worry about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.