The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire your optimism, but when we chased the dippers down it looked like we had it in us, this season we don't look like stringing 2 wins together let alone going on an 8 or 9 game run, and we tend to always fold against the spuds

When we chased Liverpool down we had Sane and Steling either side of Aguero smashing into players pressing from the front. We also had Bernardo Silva and David Silva in a tandem creating chances.

This team at the moment it doesn’t feel like there’s enough speed in the front five to move the ball quickly and also press the ball. We have a soft underbelly when we lose possession, how many times do we give silly goals away getting countered from sloppy decision making this season. Its only half way in the season but I can’t see us going on a 12-13 game winning run to bat the rest of the league out of contention.

They're nowhere near that good. They thrashed opponents week in week out and quite often matches were over after 15 minutes... you don't see Arsenal doing that
I agree but theyre the closest thing ive seen And their points trajectory is very similar. No one else is playing anywhere near their level.

wasnt our 2018/19 team 7 points behind liverpool. I dont think they are as good as those levels personally. Yes they got the result today and as shit as spurs were they still had multiple chances to score in that second half.
Im talking 2017/18 where we had it won by april. We beat the rags early dec to open the gap, much like arsenal have done today and we didnt look back.

I admire your optimism, but when we chased the dippers down it looked like we had it in us, this season we don't look like stringing 2 wins together let alone going on an 8 or 9 game run, and we tend to always fold against the spuds
I don't want to labour the point too much, but we went into the game 7 points behind because we had some poor results going into the match and we desperately needed to turn our form around. That December was terrible: Chelsea turned us over at their place, we had lost back to back games being a goal up through a mixture of poor discipline and bad luck, and we just couldn't find our rhythm. Go back and see what people made of Delph at left back, Bernie in the middle, our passion, our fight, Sterling & Mahrez, Pep's tactics etc etc in those match threads

Eg https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/leicester-v-city-post-match.338022/page-2

Last edited:
Im talking 2017/18 where we had it won by april. We beat the rags early dec to open the gap, much like arsenal have done today and we didnt look back.
ahh... The issue i have with looking at it like that is. Arsenal are fantastic team but its 8 point. If we drop points in next 2 with them being home games then ill probably be a bit more down trodden about this season and where its going. However were esentially down beat about our form so only way is improvement and upwards.

i always thought this clubs fan base was one of never give up to last minute especially given the things weve seen. i didnt expect many to be giving up with 20 league games to go.

Do you think we have a chance of beating spurs and wolves at the etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.