The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so but I do remember the season Liverpool won it - the mentality changed once they had a seed we can't win it. The team needs a kick up the arse as does Pep -

I watched bits of the Arsenal game yesterday - going forward they are very good - lots of energy but defensively they can be got at
Arsenal are a bit like us in the sense the team (midfield especially) is made for having the ball. They're not that great without the ball once you beat their initial press.

How many times have we watched the opposition go right through the middle of us with a single pass this season? Arsenal are the same. Spurs, despite being absolute turd, must have had half a dozen decent chances yesterday.

In years gone by i'd have been full of confidence that we could turn it around and absolutely blitz the gap at the top. This season, personally, i dont see it. It just feels different, the level of performance just hasnt been there since about october time and i cant envisage us having the level of consistency needed to overtake arsenal.

We have shown we can be got at very easily, defensively we are weak, and going forward we just arent clicking at all. Lot of players off form, no fluidity and quite frankly we're easy to play against just now.
I'd be content with a top 3 finish and an fa cup this season, then we can rebuild in the summer.

Cant win it every year!

In years gone by i'd have been full of confidence that we could turn it around and absolutely blitz the gap at the top. This season, personally, i dont see it. It just feels different, the level of performance just hasnt been there since about october time and i cant envisage us having the level of consistency needed to overtake arsenal.

We have shown we can be got at very easily, defensively we are weak, and going forward we just arent clicking at all. Lot of players off form, no fluidity and quite frankly we're easy to play against just now.
I'd be content with a top 3 finish and an fa cup this season, then we can rebuild in the summer.

Cant win it every year!
For me its not about winning it every year. No team in the history of football has been able to achieve that, and I don't expect City to either.

The issue for me is how badly we are playing. We have the best manager in the world, and one of the most expensively assembled squads and yet we have become boring to watch. I don't expect a City side at this point in their evolution to look clueless out on the pitch, not under this manager, and yet that is seemingly where we are at.

If we win the next 6 games we'll be top, and we'll win the league.

Beating Arsenal twice would show them and everyone else they're the weaker side, we play an extra game, so the gap would be cut to max 2 points and I think they'll drop some in their run of United-Everton-Brentford.

I think we just need to take it game by game and focus on Spurs and then Wolves etc. Arsenal are 8 points ahead so we're not getting close to them anytime soon.

Ultimately its about turning our form around and racking up some wins. Our results are so inconsistent at the moment that were simply not applying any pressure whatsoever.

I'm not giving up the title yet, 20 games to play so lots of points to play for. Liverpool were miles behind us last year and took it to the last game and we've chased leads like this down before. Who knows what injuries will occur in the 2nd half of the season or form.

But we just need to focus on ourselves and see what happens later down the line.

It's as hard a run of 6 games as we're likely to get as well. Spurs the bogey team twice, the league leaders twice, and the 2 most improved sides since the world cup break.

On current form I just don't see it happening. Spurs, like the rags and Liverpool are our worst nightmare. Strong defensively and very good on the counter attack. I think we'll be lucky to get six points from those games. Of course I will be delighted to be proved horribly wrong.

We're 8pts off top with 20 games to play. We're capable of winning the majority of those games if we can click into gear. We play Arsenal twice. It's very much still on.

But we have to find another level. I thought the second half against united, before the ref gave them the game, was excellent. Crisp passing, lots of movement and absolute dominance off the ball to regain possession. We sniffed out any danger from them and although shots were lacking, general play was better. Some better individual performances and general squad fitness will be good and balanced now which can see us improve.

The fight has to be there from us fans, bringing the noise on Thursday, and from the players. Pep will not give up, and he will not let the players either. Beat Spurs, beat Wolves and close to 2pts before Arsenal play the rags. They'll have a game in hand after that game, but it puts some pressure on them. At home, in a big game, I guarantee they'll feel that.

We love a chase. We've been here before. Let's get behind the team and go win it again.

We'll be just fine. I'm sure we can and will still lift the title.

We should know better than anyone what it takes and the pressure which builds with every passing week.

Let's see where we are first before Arsenal kick off against United next Sunday afternoon.

The Arsenal FA Cup game also comes at a good time and will give us a real opportunity to plant a further seed.

Arsenal will also still be coming to Newcastle, Liverpool and City.

Touch of the Comical Ali’s about this, Tolm :)

We’ve got huge issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.