The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got beat today on xg against the worst form club. The game was over after 25 mins, but we still lost it.
as you say the game was over after 25 mins, during the first half and 20 mins of the second half we didnt allow them to have a shot, with all the subs we lost our rhythm , if that was a final no changes and we would of won 6-0

Only 2 tough matches that I think can really have the potential to upset are arsenal and Brighton

It never works out like this though.

Look over the years in tight races.

It’s united vs Everton and dippers vs west brom.

There’s random banana skins. We’ve been masters of avoiding them. Burnley. Leicester. Newcastle.

Arsenal have no idea how this goes. We do.

They won't put 10 men behind the ball, they are more than capable of getting a draw or possibly even a win against us by playing their normal game. What gives me confidence is our record under Pep in these must win games in close title races is exceptional, especially at home.
Didnt they play their normal game against us at the Emirates?

I have little hope for West Ham today. My only hope is for Arsenals arse to properly start twitching and they somehow drop points, but I’m not expecting anything other than three points and our goal difference to be cut down.

I think Brighton will decide the title. We will be going there in the final week of the season which will be horrid. The play Arsenal a game or two before that at the Emirates, so they’re going to have a big say where the title will end up.

All we can do is keep winning, beating Arsenal at the Etihad will be a physiological blow as they have four really hard games after that.

Here’s an interesting thought that No one seems to have mentioned. Am I right in thinking that we haven’t been topall season? And if so, were we to go on and win the league, we’d only go top in the last week. Surely that’s got to be yet another record for Pep. Shortest amount of time spent at top of the league and winning it. And conversely, haven’t Arsenal been top pretty much the entire season? That would also be a record of the unwanted variety…

I have little hope for West Ham today. My only hope is for Arsenals arse to properly start twitching and they somehow drop points, but I’m not expecting anything other than three points and our goal difference to be cut down.

I think Brighton will decide the title. We will be going there in the final week of the season which will be horrid. The play Arsenal a game or two before that at the Emirates, so they’re going to have a big say where the title will end up.

All we can do is keep winning, beating Arsenal at the Etihad will be a physiological blow as they have four really hard games after that.
Good shout. Hopefully they’ll have one eye on the FA Cup Final when we play them!

https://www.euroclubindex.com/league-odds/ Euroclubindex has us winning by 1 point.

I see Arsenal winning tomorrow, West Ham had a scrappy away game on Thursday, will probably be focusing on the 2nd leg next week, only thing is they are 3 points above relegation so really probably put some effort in
Strange down the bottom, it’s already throwing up some strange results, West Ham win their next two & they’re 3 points behind Chelsea in the race ‘not’ to be Londons worst club

I made my point unlike yourself. People claiming xg is favoured over actual results to sack managers is pure fantasy.

It is like saying finishing and goal keeping aren't part of the performance.

I notice sky now include xg in their post match statistics. And an update on the overall percentage predictions. It is fucking weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.