The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So 91 points is a possibility and that will be more than Arsenal in 2004. - Being undefeated is a bit overrated.

Leverkusen would be the 34th team in Europe to have an unbeaten season since 2004.

We're very inward looking in this country so because only Preston had done it over 100 years before, it was regarded as a monumental achievement. But ultimately the aim at the start of the season is to win as many games as possible to amass as many points as possible so you win the league. Arsenal had no challenger so played to protect that record, and they were beaten in every other competition. If City had done the same I'd have sacrificed that record to win another trophy - that's how success is truly measured.

Piers Morgan (anagram of I Sperm Organ) on TalkSport, rooting for a West Ham win on Sunday. There is very little mention of the possibility of Everton getting something out of Arsenal.

To be fair to him though, he has praised City as being the second best team ever (after The Invincibles).

I am surprised that many pundits and so called experts have not sussed out the way we roll, we start all seasons fairly slowly and have some poor results but we learn what works against certain teams and what doesn't, the club does not seem bothered about early season form and from what I witness that's because it's a process, we even do it in games we start off slowly and gradually turn the pressure up, by the 2 nd half the opponent is starting to huff and puff and then we go in for the kill, and that's how the club does titles, we let the early runners run out of steam and keep out powder dry and then go on a legendry run of results, I am just surprised that no one else has spotted it

Piers Morgan (anagram of I Sperm Organ) on TalkSport, rooting for a West Ham win on Sunday. There is very little mention of the possibility of Everton getting something out of Arsenal.

To be fair to him though, he has praised City as being the second best team ever (after The Invincibles).
Knob head , there's at least 3 versions of Peps city teams that would have wiped the floor with the invincibles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.