The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have too. Ianaccho v Leicester. Inter's missed headers. Son's one on one. It feels to me like we've been touched by the hand of god on several occasions.

Plenty of standout moments, but we've also had plenty of things go against us and over the course of a league season it's easy to forget what has gone before. CL moments you can look at the Grealish chance at the Bernabeu. The Llorente handball goal before our offside "winner". De Bruyne getting injured in the CL final against Chelsea which severely hampered us.

Another one in the "for" column is that Watkins miss for Villa on the final day when clean in on goal - although we still ended up going 2-0 down!

I am surprised that many pundits and so called experts have not sussed out the way we roll, we start all seasons fairly slowly and have some poor results but we learn what works against certain teams and what doesn't, the club does not seem bothered about early season form and from what I witness that's because it's a process, we even do it in games we start off slowly and gradually turn the pressure up, by the 2 nd half the opponent is starting to huff and puff and then we go in for the kill, and that's how the club does titles, we let the early runners run out of steam and keep out powder dry and then go on a legendry run of results, I am just surprised that no one else has spotted it
We don’t start all seasons slowly at all. We start virtually every season strongly, sometimes exceptionally so. Our form nearly always drops off in the late autumn/early winter, before recovering in the new year.

We won eight of our first nine PL games this season. Over the course of a season that equates to 101 points!

Last edited:
There are only a few set's of fans that don't like us since we got took over! (for some reason, Millwall, Stoke and Middlesborough have an unhealthy hatred of us)!

But the majority of Premier League teams like us! United, Liverpool and Arsenal hate us, Spurs would love us to be bothered that they hate us!

But the like of Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland and especially West Ham can relate to us!

Honest fans, who have been starved of success, just like we was!

*plus they hate them gobby rag twats!
Millwall and Boro definitely god knows why. Stoke don't think so, had horrendous trip there in 1998, but at Wembley in 2011 they were sound drinking with them round Baker St pre and post match no mither at all. Their fans vastly better than rags, Dippers and Villa. Used to love the Vic as an away great pubs and local people friendly, had to swerve the Naughty 40 but ordinary fans grand. Hate the new ground soulless and in a beer desert.

I am surprised that many pundits and so called experts have not sussed out the way we roll, we start all seasons fairly slowly and have some poor results but we learn what works against certain teams and what doesn't, the club does not seem bothered about early season form and from what I witness that's because it's a process, we even do it in games we start off slowly and gradually turn the pressure up, by the 2 nd half the opponent is starting to huff and puff and then we go in for the kill, and that's how the club does titles, we let the early runners run out of steam and keep out powder dry and then go on a legendry run of results, I am just surprised that no one else has spotted it
To be fair we've set a ridiculously high bar where other clubs have to be perfect when it matters. Arsenal should really of won the league this year if you go off the whole season but at this point the margins are so thin that losing to Villa has probably cost Arsenal the title. Similarly without Kev we probably wouldn't of got that first goal last night and similarly if Son scores then it could of been over with, it's the thinnest of margins.

A lot accuse us of spending but you only have to compare the team to last year. The standout performers are an academy player and a midfielder who cost us £60m ages ago. Liverpool spent £83m on Nunez and yet Haaland has scored 7 more goals just this season than Nunez has scored in his entire Premier League career. The other teams are behind because they make poorer decisions and don't have a core handful of players who make the difference at this stage of the season.

By the way we still haven't won it, we still need to get the job done at the weekend. A normal team would falter but this one just doesn't and that's a credit to Pep. It's worth pointing out that our average points total per year is falling so either the league is getting tougher or we're getting worse... I'm not sure which it is but our ability to navigate through that and keep winning speaks volumes about where the team is.

I think this goes some way to explaining what it takes to win the premier league these day, Results from beginning of Jan.

W W W W W W W W D W W L W W W W W

That isn't our results it's Arsenals and the Draw was against us!
Imagine putting that run together and not winning the league?
It’s not over yet don’t tempt fate ..

I think this goes some way to explaining what it takes to win the premier league these day, Results from beginning of Jan.

W W W W W W W W D W W L W W W W W

That isn't our results it's Arsenals and the Draw was against us!
Imagine putting that run together and not winning the league?
Lots of Arsenal fans cursing their defeat to Villa but the game against us at the Etihad should be haunting them too. We were below par that day and they could have beaten us if they’d shown a bit more ambition. But they were content to shut up shop and get a point - teams with serious title aspirations should be going for the kill in those circumstances.
Not winning that game left Arsenal with zero margin for error and it came back to bite them against Villa.

Lots of Arsenal fans cursing their defeat to Villa but the game against us at the Etihad should be haunting them too. We were below par that day and they could have beaten us if they’d shown a bit more ambition. But they were content to shut up shop and get a point - teams with serious title aspirations should be going for the kill in those circumstances.
Not winning that game left Arsenal with zero margin for error and it came back to bite them against Villa.
It’s looking that way …

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.