The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I genuinely thought that Son moment was us getting a painful one during a tight run-in to make up for Aguero, Vinny don't shoot, and Gundo making the scousers cry. We have lived a charmed fucking life over the years.
We have too. Ianaccho v Leicester. Inter's missed headers. Son's one on one. It feels to me like we've been touched by the hand of god on several occasions.

Knob head , there's at least 3 versions of Peps city teams that would have wiped the floor with the invincibles

Arsenal got 90pts, so if we win on Sunday and win the league they'd be the 13th best team in PL history in terms of points won.

They drew 12 games in the league! Portsmouth (twice), Rags (twice), Charlton, Fulham, Leicester, Bolton, Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Birmingham.

Lost the FA Cup semi to the rags 1-0.

Lost both legs of league cup semi to Middlesbrough.

Lost to Inter and Dynamo Kyiv in CL group stages and then lost 2nd leg of QF at home to Chelsea to lose on aggregate.

I really don't get the hype over that season. It's impressive not to lose, but I still recognise the 11 teams that have currently got higher totals as better sides.

I am surprised that many pundits and so called experts have not sussed out the way we roll, we start all seasons fairly slowly and have some poor results but we learn what works against certain teams and what doesn't, the club does not seem bothered about early season form and from what I witness that's because it's a process, we even do it in games we start off slowly and gradually turn the pressure up, by the 2 nd half the opponent is starting to huff and puff and then we go in for the kill, and that's how the club does titles, we let the early runners run out of steam and keep out powder dry and then go on a legendry run of results, I am just surprised that no one else has spotted it
Agreed and I think that Pep having noted that we were gassed at the end of the season last year left a little to work on this time as we're probably in our best spell of form right now-tension not fatigue caused last night's slow start IMO.

I am surprised that many pundits and so called experts have not sussed out the way we roll, we start all seasons fairly slowly and have some poor results but we learn what works against certain teams and what doesn't, the club does not seem bothered about early season form and from what I witness that's because it's a process, we even do it in games we start off slowly and gradually turn the pressure up, by the 2 nd half the opponent is starting to huff and puff and then we go in for the kill, and that's how the club does titles, we let the early runners run out of steam and keep out powder dry and then go on a legendry run of results, I am just surprised that no one else has spotted it
Agreed. Pep is strategically good as well as tactically astute.

Its why we do shit in Charity sheilds - although i want that this year as makes the team photo look good.

Just maybe we could have the super cup, league trophy, fa cup, world club championship and charity sheild on it!

Fingers crossed - no fuck ups!

If you had asked me in Dec after Villa defeat, I would honestly have said that the Arse would win the title. Now we are overwhelming favourites. No nervy endings, please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.