The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two weeks back you probably saw rather a lot of this image. Safe to say there was a fair bit of panic about the stat.

View attachment 102880

Well here's how each season under Pep ranks after 19 games.

UNDER GUARDIOLAPOINTSPOSITIONPOINTS OFF 1STEND POSITION (Pts)
2016-17395th103rd (78)
2017-18551st-N/A-1st (100)
2018-19443rd71st (98)
2019-20383rd142nd (81)
2020-21411st-N/A1st (86)
2021-22471st-N/A-1st (93)
2022-23422nd5 (Arsenal played 18)1st (89)
2023-24403rd2??

This our ninth season under Guardiola.
  • So far, we've accrued 40 points, which is our 3rd lowest total at this stage under Pep.
  • We're currently 3rd - on the two previous occasions that we've been 3rd after 19 games, we've won the league and finished 2nd.
  • We're currently 2 points off top spot, which is the shortest distance between us and 1st when we've not been leading after 19 games.
What say you, Douglas Adams?

View attachment 102886
Always know where your towel is.

God knows how some will cope with the inevitable missing out on the title for once…
Nothing wrong with opinions though, that's what Forums are all about. I still feel we lost a bit of balance as Mahrez was very underrated, - on flip side...Jasko, what a player and Foden more than kicked on this season. A lot of people on this form were doubting him a year or so ago (I personally didn't as effectively he was / is so young but did question our balance first half of season). Forum's about opinions some transpire to be right some don't. Previous seasons we would really have to beat our closest rivals at least once!! We were fortunate this season that we won without having to.

Every summer I am tempted to repost some of those flapping, panicky comments which come along every single season from the clowns, usually coinciding fairly closely with the first frosts. It would be a bit if a wanker’s trick to do it to be honest because everyone makes mistakes but, fuck me, it happens every season. Year after year after year.

“Pep has been found out” is my favourite closely followed by “No plan b” and “we shouldn’t have sold <insert player>”
Oh go on Dave. Be a wanker saves me scrolling back.

Nothing wrong with opinions though, that's what Forums are all about. I still feel we lost a bit of balance as Mahrez was very underrated, - on flip side...Jasko, what a player and Foden more than kicked on this season. A lot of people on this form were doubting him a year or so ago (I personally didn't as effectively he was / is so young but did question our balance first half of season). Forum's about opinions some transpire to be right some don't. Previous seasons we would really have to beat our closest rivals at least once!! We were fortunate this season that we won without having to.
Didn't you have Liverpool nailed on for the title or did you change to Arsenal ?

Didn't you have Liverpool nailed on for the title or did you change to Arsenal ?
Never changed, I thought Arsenal this year as when you look at our squad 8 of them included a lot of free trf -and academy lads - incredible achievement from us. I think one aspect that is mentioned by us but not not covered in the wider media is that he buys and / or develops players who he sees as being able to play 2 or 3 positions, Stones, Gvardiol, KDB to an extent, Silva, Ederson (sweeper) etc... really helps the squad seem way bigger in terms of depth than it is. SO NO after the transition I din't think we'd win it, delighted we did, delighted that players like Doku and Gvardiol could really help us kick on (great buys) and surprised we won without wins v 2 / 3 place teams - so that's about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.