The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manchester City midfielder Rodri used his post-match interview to call out Arsenal, telling Australian channel Optus Sport: "I think to be honest it's the mentality [that helped City win the league].

"Great players are all over the leagues. All over other clubs. Arsenal also, they did an unbelievable season but the difference was in here [points to head].

"When they faced us here in the Etihad I saw these guys who didn't want to beat us. They just wanted to draw.

"That mentality... we wouldn't do it the same way. At the end, if you give us one point we will win the last seven or eight games even with how tough it is, so I think it's in terms of mentality."

Arsenal won 16 of their 18 league matches in 2024, City pretty much matched them, with 16 wins from 19 and three draws.

If any of those victories had been draws or losses, and crucially no other results changed, Arsenal would have won the title.

Arsenal won 16 of their 18 league matches in 2024, City pretty much matched them, with 16 wins from 19 and three draws.

If any of those victories had been draws or losses, and crucially no other results changed, Arsenal would have won the title.
And the one game arsenal could influence City directly at the etihad they bottled it.

I don't look at that game with us as the moment. They could have come and won it or got battered. How many times have we been to Anfield and had to dig in? Their record at our place meant they had to take a certain approach.

It was their run around Christmas where they dropped too many points in consecutive games. They didn't really have a reason to. We had injuries and Rodri's suspension which cost us. They didn't have any excuses.

Goes to show how much Pep has changed my thinking that I'm already thinking five-in-a-row.

Yeah some fans think we will get more points next season? Maybe we will but it will depend on how many players come back from the euros summer with the hunger the motivation to do it all again after winning so so much over the pep era, only Grealish it effected this season for me with the motivation thing!

I’d have snapped your hand off for a league win at the start of the season. So hard to do off the back of winning the treble and losing key players.

I’d usually like us to win the UCL over the PL, but this season 4 in a row was too special! Going to be the same next season now. I want to extend our streak to 5. That means we’ll be at least 6 years away from anyone taking that record!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.