The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I made the mistake of going on Xitter, fucking hell!! & I didn’t even turn the sound on for the videos, the level of bitterness & copium going on from Arsenal fans! I just had to laugh.
City are like a great white shark when it comes to the 2nd half of the season, Pep is chumming the water, getting them into that feeding frenzy, waiting to smell sweet Arsenal blood in the water, that slip against Villa gave them a sniff of something to hunt down, this team are relentless, & Pep is the difference, to win the league again, after the treble, without KDB for half of it, & Haaland for 2 months, on top of losing Gundo & Mahrez, with more points than last year too.
Rodri is right, it’s about mentality, & he is The Mentality Monster

I love how people still view us as that City of old and refuse to recognise that, as the most successful English club side in the past decade, we have made quite a bit of prize money too. I haven't looked at how much Arsenal have made, but I would guess it's not quite as much.

just like to point out we are the most successful English club this century
it really boils the piss of fans of the red shirted history clubs when you say that
currently that's joint with Chelsea, but a cup final on saturday

major honours won in 21st century

Manchester City 19
Chelsea 19
Manchester United 18
Liverpool 13
Arsenal 9
Leicester City 3
8 clubs have won one - portsmouth, wigan , spurs, west ham, Birmingham city, Blackburn rovers, Swansea, middlesborough

looking to the future we need 8 or 9 more trophies to be the most successful in premier league era
Depending whether you count the intercontinental trophy as a major trophy or not
it also requires the rags to win no more trophies

Last edited:
The worrying thing for Arsenal is I think 89 points is pretty much on the limit of what they are capable of. I’d go as far as to say I’d be very surprised if they reached that figure again in the coming seasons.

Whereas for City, it never really felt at any point that it was going to be a vintage season. It seems silly after accumulating 91 points but by recent standards it often felt a little bit like a transitional season even.

It goes to show the phenomenal heights we’ve become almost used to treating as standard.
Quite true. Under Pep we are very much a 95-100 side when we have a fair wind behind us. So if we reach that level next season Arsenal will need to pile up an additional 8 or 10 points to reach the pinnacle. Now a few additional clever moves in the Summer Market might enable them to do this particularly if they manage to collect 6 points off us. All told a very difficult task awaits them. The following season if Pep departs probably represents their best shot at glory.

The worrying thing for Arsenal is I think 89 points is pretty much on the limit of what they are capable of. I’d go as far as to say I’d be very surprised if they reached that figure again in the coming seasons.

Whereas for City, it never really felt at any point that it was going to be a vintage season. It seems silly after accumulating 91 points but by recent standards it often felt a little bit like a transitional season even.

It goes to show the phenomenal heights we’ve become almost used to treating as standard.

I think Arsenal have a few things to resolve this summer. Their squad clearly still needs improving and to incorporate a number 9, as is anticipated, will likely cause a few teething issues. Because Arteta has picked a pretty much consistent 11 many might want out, or cause some nuisance during the season too. And they've not had many injuries, whilst we've suffered considerably.

However, their first half of the 22/23 season saw them get 47pts from 19 games. Their second half this time was 49pts. That shows there's potential if they can piece it all together. That's a big "if".

A lot of us saw the dippers as the biggest threat but they actually had a fairly consistent season. 42pts to be top after 19. 40pts in the 2nd half. The early "pace" was slow. We sat with Arsenal on 40pts. That's 80pts to win the title. We stepped it up to 51pts in the second half. Quite a change.

The biggest hurdle for Arsenal is that we expect them to come for us, will hopefully strengthen and keep players fit and will look to come flying out of the blocks and not give anyone a sniff. We don't want to be playing catch up every season going into the run in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.