The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d have snapped your hand off for a league win at the start of the season. So hard to do off the back of winning the treble and losing key players.

I’d usually like us to win the UCL over the PL, but this season 4 in a row was too special! Going to be the same next season now. I want to extend our streak to 5. That means we’ll be at least 6 years away from anyone taking that record!
I don't think 4 will ever be done again, if we got 5, that's certainly never happeing again.

Our league is never going to be spain or germany (or lesser countries).

The worrying thing for Arsenal is I think 89 points is pretty much on the limit of what they are capable of. I’d go as far as to say I’d be very surprised if they reached that figure again in the coming seasons.

Whereas for City, it never really felt at any point that it was going to be a vintage season. It seems silly after accumulating 91 points but by recent standards it often felt a little bit like a transitional season even.

It goes to show the phenomenal heights we’ve become almost used to treating as standard.

Arsenal could improve again, they were written off by a lot after collapsing last year. Or they could go back to Emirates Arsenal.

Liverpool will have a transition season, they tend to challenge every other season even with the same manager.

Villa will do a Newcastle, Newcastle will do a Brighton. Spurs and Utd unlikely to get top 2.

City v Chelsea it is.

Chelsea has to ditch Pochettino first for them to stand a real chance of challenging. It will probably be Arsenal that will stick with us next season.

Liverpool will have a transition season, they tend to challenge every other season even with the same manager.
Klopp's intensive style usually ran the team into the ground and it took a year to recover before taking another shot. It was the case at Liverpool and before that at Borussia Dortmund particularly in hos final season there.

Klopp's intensive style usually ran the team into the ground and it took a year to recover before taking another shot. It was the case at Liverpool and before that at Borussia Dortmund particularly in hos final season there.
Dortmund were selling their best players which didn't help.

A club who have outspend us in recent years complaining about our spending…. Interesting take!

I love how people still view us as that City of old and refuse to recognise that, as the most successful English club side in the past decade, we have made quite a bit of prize money too. I haven't looked at how much Arsenal have made, but I would guess it's not quite as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.