The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at who Spurs have played though.

Brentford, 14th, draw.
United, 8th, win.
Bournemouth, 19th, win.
Burnley, 18th, win.
Sheffield United, 20th, win.
Arsenal, 3rd, draw.
Liverpool, 2nd, win (heavily caveated by the massive refereeing fuck up)
Luton Town, 17th, win.
Fulham, 13th, win.

Take out the Liverpool game with the biggest VAR fuck up of all time, and the average position of the teams they've beaten is 16th. 6 of their 9 games have been against the bottom third of the table.

They've had by a considerable distance the easiest start of the season.
If you put ours on there we’ve had a similarly easy start. Ultimately they can only beat, or in 2 cases draw against, the teams put in front of them. And whatever the background they won’t have to play liverpool at home again, even though Klopp would like them to

If you put ours on there we’ve had a similarly easy start. Ultimately they can only beat, or in 2 cases draw against, the teams put in front of them. And whatever the background they won’t have to play liverpool at home again, even though Klopp would like them to

I'm going to have to disagree with that. Our average opponent is 12th. They've played 6 of the bottom 8. We've played 3.

Pretty big difference.

Opta actually analysed this properly.

1698161966998.png

Look at who Spurs have played though.

Brentford, 14th, draw.
United, 8th, win.
Bournemouth, 19th, win.
Burnley, 18th, win.
Sheffield United, 20th, win.
Arsenal, 3rd, draw.
Liverpool, 2nd, win (heavily caveated by the massive refereeing fuck up)
Luton Town, 17th, win.
Fulham, 13th, win.

Take out the Liverpool game with the biggest VAR fuck up of all time, and the average position of the teams they've beaten is 16th. 6 of their 9 games have been against the bottom third of the table.

They've had by a considerable distance the easiest start of the season.
Not too similar to ours let's be honest, difference is we lost to wolves.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. Our average opponent is 12th. They've played 6 of the bottom 8. We've played 3.

Pretty big difference.

Opta actually analysed this properly.

View attachment 96576
The only points they have dropped have been away to arsenal and away to Brentford. I’m not going to big up spurs because I hate the cunts but I still have to admit they have made an excellent start. Don’t expect them to win the league, but then who did Leicester?

The only points they have dropped have been away to arsenal and away to Brentford. I’m not going to big up spurs because I hate the cunts but I still have to admit they have made an excellent start. Don’t expect them to win the league, but then who did Leicester?

Leicester wouldn’t have won in a league with Pep and Klopp (i realise he technically joins halfway through that season but you know what I mean, he hadn’t built the side yet).

Leicester wouldn’t have won in a league with Pep and Klopp (i realise he technically joins halfway through that season but you know what I mean, he hadn’t built the side yet).
But Leicester did win the league, at 5000 to 1 if I recall. Spurs have a lot better chance than that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.