The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched us against arsenal a few weeks ago, and We were average at best. In that game.

I love jow quickly people forget the concept of 38 games. One draw against luton, and we can rule liverpool who are only 3 points behind us out. A suspension to a spurs player and they are out too.

We are in a great position, great shape, good form, and have real quality. Still have it all to do though, I find it belittles the work the club put in, sometimes.

Yep way to early am relax till last 6/8 games of the season when the season starts so we get into position now..

I watched us against arsenal a few weeks ago, and We were average at best. In that game.

I love jow quickly people forget the concept of 38 games. One draw against luton, and we can rule liverpool who are only 3 points behind us out. A suspension to a spurs player and they are out too.

We are in a great position, great shape, good form, and have real quality. Still have it all to do though, I find it belittles the work the club put in, sometimes.

It's a good point. We've been spoilt by what Pep and the squad have achieved and because we tend to kick on in the second half of a season we're assuming we will again and the fact we're top already is ominous for our rivals. But it might not work out that way. Rodri's suspension showed how vulnerable we can be.

The media also have a field day with creating drama and sometimes it's easy to get swept up in it.

Over the past 5 games results have been:

City - Won 3 Lost 2 Conclusion - coasting to the title
Dippers - Won 2 D2 L2 Conclusion - our biggest rivals
Arsenal - Won 3 D1 L1 Conclusion - nowhere near as good as last season
Rags - W3 L2 - Conclusion - crisis
Brighton - D3 L2 Conclusion - De Zerbi is doing an amazing job

From what I have seen, we are the favourites again albeit with a long long way to go. Our main and serious risk is injury to Rodri. Pep still needs to find a solution to that.

From what I have seen, we are the favourites again albeit with a long long way to go. Our main and serious risk is injury to Rodri. Pep still needs to find a solution to that.

Yeh if he was missing for any length of time we'd be fucked. I wonder if the club are planning on moving for someone in January , with Phillips seemingly leaving it fills up a spot.

I guess you missed the part where i said if we turn up!! Or talk about multiple games. Belittling City, wtf…

Spuds have also potentially lost 4 starters from last night alone, its not “a suspension” as you think in anyway.

Bizarre post!!

I was just going to say the same. It's the only thing that can stop us winning it again imo.

I guess you missed the part where i said if we turn up!! Or talk about multiple games. Belittling City, wtf…

Spuds have also potentially lost 4 starters from last night alone, its not “a suspension” as you think in anyway.

Bizarre post!!

Yes, I 100% think that claims (by anyone) that effectively rule other teams out of the title race, based on one game at week 11, belittle the work the club do the entire season.

Whether you meant that or not, and I'm sure you didn't, I'm not fussed. You (and a few others) implied it, and I will always react to that. Find it bizarre all you want.

It is week 11. Liverpool are not out of the race because they were shite against luton. Spurs are not out of it because they got 2 players red carded in their first loss of the season. Arsenal are not out of it because Arteta lost his shit and went full Klopp. In the same way we were not out of the race because we lost back to back games a couple weeks earlier.

If we go on to win it, which I do believe we will, it will be because we were the best team all year, not because others shat the bed at week 11.

All that said, my response to you was more to a sequence of posts that yours was maybe the last in. I fully get why it might have annoyed you given I tagged it onto your post specifically, and for that I do hold my hands up.

He does, but a solution is probably easier with Stones available. Unfortunate Rodri got suspended when Stones was still out.

He does, but a solution is probably easier with Stones available. Unfortunate Rodri got suspended when Stones was still out.
I suspect you are partially right and a combination of Stones plus deep lying Bernie might be our best option. Still largely untried though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.