The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will still be comfortable winners as long as this mini-slump is fixed in the next 10 days.

If it lasts through Christmas then we might be in real trouble by the time Kev comes back.

We will still be comfortable winners as long as this mini-slump is fixed in the next 10 days.

If it lasts through Christmas then we might be in real trouble by the time Kev comes back.
Yup, hold serve until Kevin returns. Starts tomorrow

Forget Arsenal! The Scousers look like they are on course to do another COVID title by getting numerous decisions given to them by PGMOL and their referees after Klopp and LFC went public and complained about the disallowed goal at Spurs. Only City can stop them again.

Looking at our performances against all the top teams so far,Villa aside we outplayed them all and looked the better outfit even though we didn’t get 3 points united aside.
Villa are as refreshing as a refreshing thing but there is no standout team otherwise and we are bang in there and can win it but have to put games we are dominating to bed and cut out stupid mistakes at the back out.
I think Pep maybe enjoying this challenge.

Arsenal would have been fine today if they'd only gotten 10 or 12 more minutes of stoppage time. Maybe there's a combined fixed quota of bogus stoppage time minutes for the red fuckers and the Dippers used them all up at Palace. If they'd have known Elliott would score in the 91st they could have saved a few for the Arse...

Still a hell of a long way to go
For sure. I'm done making myself feel better about this club's recent run as it's unacceptable the amount of points we've dropped and the chances we've squandered.

That said there's by my math 69 points to be had yet and the parity that this league has shown this season tells me every team who even has a striker's chance at the title will drop a hatful of points before the final day.

LiVARpool in my heart are the ones who worry me the most but their leave it late heroics will run out.

I'll sing a different tune if we even drop points tomorrow as to my glass half full view of our title chances: if we do not lay down a marker tomorrow it speaks to a much less surmountable barrier than point difference... if the fortitude and drive to pull ourselves up amidst adversity aren't there we're not getting that back anytime soon and you can bet it will get alot worse before it gets better.

If we can get our backsides into gear we should be ok. But there are worrying signs that a certain club seems to be getting some favourable decisions like a few seasons back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.