The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone is talking about this run, but it’s just as likely that it doesn’t come this season and we just continue our inconsistent form.
Most of the teams we’ve dropped points against have either been not very good, ravaged by injuries or else in poor form. Plenty more dropped points to come I think.

Everyone is talking about this run, but it’s just as likely that it doesn’t come this season and we just continue our inconsistent form.
Most of the teams we’ve dropped points against have either been not very good, ravaged by injuries or else in poor form. Plenty more dropped points to come I think.
We've still got to go to Spurs and Liverpool; two nailed on defeats there!

I can see a scenario where we win the Champions League and not the League. The Champions League is more of a sprint that doesn’t require long term focus.

on christmas day last year I am sure we had only 32 points 5 behind arsenal
Yes, but now we may be relying on all of Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa and perhaps Spurs to have meltdowns over the next four months or so.

And go on one of our legendary unbeaten/winning runs....

It's definitely possible but I'm not as confident as I have been in the past.

Yes, but now we may be relying on all of Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa and perhaps Spurs to have meltdowns over the next four months or so.

And go on one of our legendary unbeaten/winning runs....

It's definitely possible but I'm not as confident as I have been in the past.
I’m not worried at all about Villa or Spurs

Only worried about Arsenal and Liverpool, but as many have said it’s ourselves who are chucking the title away nothing to do with any formidable form shown by them so far.
If it isn’t ourselves just hope to fuck it isn’t the bin dippers

compared to last season we only improved on one fixture:
United away, won this season, lost it last season (thanks to Fernandes/Rashford comical offside goal)

but we failed to copy/improve all of these fixtures:
Wolves away
Arsenal away
Pool home
Spurs home
Villa away
Palace home
Chelsea away

these 7 games were 6 wins, 1 draw last season, fantastic given the level of opponents, 19 points of 21 just in these fixtures.

this season : zero wins, 4 draws, 3 losses

thats a brutal turnaround, 19 points vs 4 points

whats very sick we were 1 goal ahead at least in all of these games except the Villa and Arsenal one.

Still feeling we will go on a massive run after Xmas.
After recent years, I care less.
Be great to win it 4 years on the trott but not the end of the world tbh

Anybody would be silly to write you lot off, winning four titles in a row has never been done and not because it’s impossible,it takes a strong team mentally which is obviously there because not all teams win a treble I would say Gundogan is becoming a huge miss like I thought it would and some of the new signings are not Pep players it seems.

It is still going to take a decent run and a fucking good side to take a title off City which ever way you look at it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.