The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, when our summer window ended I thought it looked good, I gave it an 8 out of 10, Paqueta would've made it a 10. Looking at it now though you can say it's looking pretty poor, Doku excepted who I think will be excellent in the long term. Jury definitely out on the other three though but it's only fair to judge after their first seasons, a bit underwhelming so far though
Agree with your overall argument, but in fairness I wasn't using hindsight.

I suggested last August that we weren't as strong, and using Rodri and Ake as the best examples, I made the point that it might take a transitional season for us to see the best of our new signings

Naturally I was slaughtered by those who knew better

Not seen anything from this set of players to think we are going to suddenly start performing. Walker skinned for speed yesterday is just one example of some of the players actually going backwards.

Drawing 4 games from winning positions (3 of them at home) and being played of the park by Villa doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one to spot Walker's declining influence

The whole side is underperforming and has been for a couple of months now. Couple that with another poor transfer window and we shouldn't be surprised at how we are playing.
Far too slow and the suicidal high line is letting even the worst sides in the league cause us problems. Start sorting out the defence and take it from there.we ain't winning nothing conceding at the current rate.

The whole side is underperforming and has been for a couple of months now. Couple that with another poor transfer window and we shouldn't be surprised at how we are playing.
Far too slow and the suicidal high line is letting even the worst sides in the league cause us problems. Start sorting out the defence and take it from there.we ain't winning nothing conceding at the current rate.
The performances are actually quite good as Pep points out. The results do not match right now.

Im sure Pep has thought about the specifics of sorting the defence out.

Gundogan Mahrez and KDB are big losses and it will take time.

We have won a ridiculous number of matches and trophies with a high line.

If it was as simple as we think it would be done by now.

The return of Kev will obviously help and he will provide the creativity and ammunition for Haaland. We also desperately need Stones back who will help with our defensive and control issues.

I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel yet, but things need to change quickly. I'm hoping yesterday will be the kick up up the arse the team and Pep need and we can go on one of our runs.

This magical run may or may or not happen, even if it does we also have to consider that liverpool can go on good runs as well which.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.